Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ikea cribs

My 2nd LO will be coming in Feb. while my DS will be 18 months old, I dont want to take DS out of his crib that young so I was looking to buy an Ikea crib..anyone have an experience with Ikea cribs? which ones do you have? pros? cons? any info you can give me would be great! thanks..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ikea cribs

• We have the Gulliver in white - which I hear is currently unavailable until Nov/Dec (according to some on this board).

We bought it because we liked the simple design, price and the good materials.  We looked at it because Baby Bargains had it listed as a good choice. 

I cannot think of ANYTHING that is a con about the crib.  I recommend it to everyone.

ETA: it was also super-simple to build (less than 20 minutes) and I lowered the crib mattress on my own at 6m in less than 15 minutes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bought the Somnat in green because I loved the simple design and color. We built it in less than a half hour and it was so easy to build. Plus, the price was great.

I'm not sure if I'll ever remove one side to make it a bed, but I do plan on using it again when/if we have a second child.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure IKEA currently is not selling any of their cribs in the US. It's a temporary thing but if you go on their website you'll notice none of their cribs are listed. What I could gather from what I found on the internet is that they pulled all of their cribs after the rules changed in the US for cribs recently and they want to make sure all of their cribs comply with US regulations before they start selling them again in the US market.

With that said, I subscribe to consumer reports and the Ikea Leksvik gets an 82 for overall rating for safety, construction and ease of use - it's only $160 and it is recommended by consumer reports.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageBbelle88:

I'm pretty sure IKEA currently is not selling any of their cribs in the US. It's a temporary thing but if you go on their website you'll notice none of their cribs are listed. What I could gather from what I found on the internet is that they pulled all of their cribs after the rules changed in the US for cribs recently and they want to make sure all of their cribs comply with US regulations before they start selling them again in the US market.

With that said, I subscribe to consumer reports and the Ikea Leksvik gets an 82 for overall rating for safety, construction and ease of use - it's only $160 and it is recommended by consumer reports.

This.  They are offering some of the same (but updated) models as before and some new ones, but no one has any of the newest versions of these yet as they are not yet on the market.  I've heard Nov/Dec. for possible availability.

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was going to buy an IKEA crib for all the reasons pp have mentioned, but they have stopped selling them.  After emailing the company, they have said they're not sure when they will be back on the shelves, so I just went with something else instead. 
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"