Natural Birth

STL provider recs, and a ? about MWs...

I have a lot to think about before we have a 3rd, and I want to find a new OB or maybe a MW before we start. I have a pretty severe prolapse and feel that my OB-GYN not only could've helped prevent it, but could've been more compassionate and helpful in dealing with it. I am particularly looking for someone who is open-minded as I consider the benefits of a no push birth (or no coached pushing, anyway). I'm new to the idea of natural birth, and I'm not 100% sure because I make big babies (last was 10lb3oz). But I am really ready to learn and consider it.

Also, do you see a MW for your regular GYN care, annuals, etc? Or just for pregnancy? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STL provider recs, and a ? about MWs...

• I found that a MW is alot more tuned in to YOU, as a mom, as a friend. I switched with my first about 2 weeks before I was due and it was the best decision I could have made. I felt like my OB was like "Okay, everything looks good. Any questions? No? Alright see you next week." Where as my MW asked about the family too time to chat about other things then just what was on my chart. I'll see my MW for my annuals too!
  • ::lurker butting in::

I see Dr. Margaret Rempe with Healthcare Group for Women and she's out of MoBap.  She's part of an all femlae pratice (3 OB/GYNs and 2 NPs).   I've been going to her for about 10 years and REALLY like her. 

Here is some info on her and numbers to the office

• Loading the player...
  • imageKdgTeacher:

::lurker butting in::

I see Dr. Margaret Rempe with Healthcare Group for Women and she's out of MoBap.  She's part of an all femlae pratice (3 OB/GYNs and 2 NPs).   I've been going to her for about 10 years and REALLY like her. 

Here is some info on her and numbers to the office

Great, thanks! I delivered both of my boys at MoBap. It was a pretty good experience.
  • Just gave birth at St John's last week. My doula knew that the on call doc was natural birth friendly, Dr. Wasserman. But my OB came to the room in time to birth my baby. I went completely natural this time. I given the choice, I would rather not have delivered at that hospital. I did since that is where our insurance is. I've heard great things about MoBap. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know it's a bit of a drive, but I want to pass along the info to you and anyone else who might need it since this is a somewhat local post...

I'm just outside the STL area, and my husband and I are driving to Ste. Genevieve County Memorial Hospital to have our first.  Our OB there, Dr. Lam, is very attentive but hands off, and very natural birth friendly.  They also have a midwife/nurse practitioner you can see instead.

After battling with our first doc at St. John's, it was such a relief when Dr. Lam smiled and agreed to ALL our terms (delayed cord clamping, no heploc, etc - it is all "normal" practice at Ste. Genevieve!).

AND - they have TWO tubs so I can have a water birth.

It's about an hour's drive south from St.Louis, but worth every minute for our piece of mind.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"