Upstate NY Babies

What's everyone doing for Labor Day?

I know there will be a weekend plans post, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any fun plans for Monday? Big bang to the end of the summer? Looking forward to fall? Is summer really over already? (I say this every year!)

Re: What's everyone doing for Labor Day?

• We have no plans, as of now. I mentioned in the whine post, DH has had a long week... so this long weekend will be good for him. If he just wants to relax, we'll do that. The weather is supposed to be cool, so I might make a big pot of sauce and meatballs or chili (not typical Labor Day food, but whatev!) and maybe pick up a 12-pack of Oktoberfest beer, yum!

I love fall, so I'm looking forward to it for sure. But it's such a short season around here... it'll be snowing before we know it! :(

• We have no plans for the weekend.  Just hanging out and get some stuff done around the house.  FIL stayed with the dogs while we were away, and I forgot to tell him to run the Roomba a couple of times.  There's dog hair EVERYWHERE!  We are probably going to hit up the fair, minus Liam. But that's about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's birthday is a week from today so we will probably get together with my family at some point over the weekend for dinner. Monday we go to the Labor Day Fair in Clarence every year. DH grew up there so it is tradition for him. In the morning we are taking Belle for her 2 year pictures then heading to the fair. Not sure about the rest of the day. Probably not much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well we were going to do nothing. But last night my dad called and asked us to visit them this weekend. So I had to say yes.
  • DH's cousin is getting married on Saturday. Since we won't have anyone up there who will be able to watch Ian, we've decided to make the weekend a couple's getaway and stay in Sackets Harbor. It will be our first time away from home without him in almost 3 years.

If the weather is good on Monday, we may use the rest of the ride tickets we have at the local kiddie amusement park since that will be the last day they're open. 

• Going to see Lady Antebellum on Friday... yay!!!  Love them!

Saturday and Sunday... a whole lotta nothing.  But DH has the weekend off, so I'm happy to be doing nothing with him! 

Monday I am working a 12 hour shift at my per diem job.  bleh.  On a positive note... double time and a half... yes please!!!

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • well my plans include work same as every 3 day holiday weekend.

friday my parents will arrive and my mom wants to go to the outlets so I will run up there after work with her. Saturday I work and then we are all going to the Wing Festival.  Wonder if it would be ridiculous to dress Sophia in her birthday tutu outfit since it is her birthday.

Sunday is Sophia's party :)

Monday everyone will leave and I work at night

• A whole lot of nothing (I hope). We were going to go to the Outer Banks next week but since the hurrican hit, it's just not in the cards. So, I have a week off from work with my husband and DD! Which is not helping my motivation today.... ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejewelsonu:

well my plans include work same as every 3 day holiday weekend.

friday my parents will arrive and my mom wants to go to the outlets so I will run up there after work with her. Saturday I work and then we are all going to the Wing Festival.  Wonder if it would be ridiculous to dress Sophia in her birthday tutu outfit since it is her birthday.

Sunday is Sophia's party :)

Monday everyone will leave and I work at night

not at all, I think it would be adorable! Happy Birthday to Sophia! :)

• Not sure....DH is working for a lot of it.  My Mom will probably come up at some point.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekevinandmonica2011:

Going to see Lady Antebellum on Friday... yay!!!  Love them!

Oh I'm jealous, have fun!

We're going to get the babies room organized and do a last minute shopping trip for whatever else we need.  DH & I are also having a date night either Saturday or Sunday to go out to a nice dinner.  I'd like to take DD to the zoo or the Discovery Center at some point.  Other than that just getting ready for our new arrival and enjoying the last few days together as a family of 3! 

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • We don't have any set plans yet. We are considering hitting up one of the three local county fairs, since last weekend it was a disaster at the Washington County one. Other than that, we need to close our pool. That only takes a couple hours though. I really need to look at what is going on around town and figure something out!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • [TinaL99/quote]

Other than that just getting ready for our new arrival and enjoying the last few days together as a family of 3! 

[TinaL99/quote]

I am sort of (but only sort of) embarassed to admit this but I am so excited to find out what you are having! Enjoy the weekend!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"