1st Trimester

2nd time mom's...a question

If you have already had your first appointment, did your Dr. say anything about lifting/picking up your other child?  My DS is about 28 1/2 lbs and I pick him up quite a bit...how can I not!?  Just curious.  TIA!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: 2nd time mom's...a question

• I don't think my doctor restricted it at all with my last pregnancy. Certainly not this early on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • No, though I did throw out my back on Saturday lifting my kid. I don't think that's pregnancy related, though.

I think making sure you lift with your knees is key. 

• Loading the player...
  • My son is 35 lbs. We did ivf and I've been on strict orders not to pick him up since we did the transfer.  When I was pregnant with him they said nothing over 25 lbs.  It's been tough.  Thankfully, he's old enough to understand.  I give him a hug and tell him mommy wants to pick him up but she can't.  I dragged the stroller out too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't had my first appt. yet but I don't think it should be a problem.  If it's something you did a lot pre-pregnancy and it's not a strain to lift him then you're probably fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• I was carrying my 30 lb. DD when I was 9 months pg. You're fine.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Nope, nothing so far!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My doc never said anything about lifting or not lifting my toddler with my last pregnancy nor has she said anything about it this time.  DD#1 is 30lbs and DD#2 is 20lbs.  I don't have a choice but to lift them.  Thankfully DD#1 walks most of the time by herself, but sometimes she needs a little snuggle from mom. :)

I think as long as you are used to lifting 28lbs on a regular basis, you should be ok to continue. 

• thanks so much ladies!  Seems like a silly question but you never know! :)

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• No my dr hasn't said anything but he's still under one and only 19 lbs.  And I haven't had any complications so I'm ok.

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor didn't say anything about that, I still pick up my dd but now that she is bigger 2y/o she can do the stairs on her own, and I taught her how to get into the car and climb into her carseat so that helps me too. I still hold her whenever she wants me too I just am careful about her jumping on me and climbing on me like I am a jungle gym..lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The RN basically said obviously you have no choice lol. She did recommend having her climb in my lap, then stand up with her, but we have tall couches and DD can't climb up them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Generally, as long as you were physically capable of the task prior to pregnancy, you can continue the task during pregnancy.

Have fun picking up your LO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • I'm not worried about the weight so much as losing my balance.  My son is about 32 lbs, and I can manage it if he sits still.  If he gets antsy or starts leaning all over, I will have to put him down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"