October 2011 Moms
Options

You know what really grinds my gears?

I figured this might be a useful and fun thread for people who might like to vent a little bit and maybe don't want to wait until U/O Thursday or even just because it's bugging them at the moment. Can be pregnancy related or not, go nuts!

I'll go first.

It really grinds my gears when:

~People use anonymity to crap all over other people, because their to lame to actually own up to what they're saying. I'm not even talking about like using a SN or something, I mean actually being anonymous, and using the fact that there's no name or SN attached to them to crap all over other people. This happened to a friend of mine recently. I just figure if you're going to say it, man up and give a name to go with it. Otherwise it just seems like you're to cowardly to admit to something and I have no tolerance for people like that. If you've got something to say, then man up and say it to someone's face!

~ That it seems like everyone I know who really needs a GPS claims they don't need it. I know one guy, it always takes him twice as long to get anywhere because he always and I do mean always gets lost. He always blames Mapquest. Well yes, first if all Mapquest claims you can drive to London, so don't use them. Secondly, if you really don't like the idea of a GPS or cannot afford one, at least own up to the fact your bad with directions lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

• Options
    imageCaptaintightpants:

~ That it seems like everyone I know who really needs a GPS claims they don't need it. I know one guy, it always takes him twice as long to get anywhere because he always and I do mean always gets lost. He always blames Mapquest. Well yes, first if all Mapquest claims you can drive to London, so don't use them. Secondly, if you really don't like the idea of a GPS or cannot afford one, at least own up to the fact your bad with directions lol.

I know some people need a GPS but I feel like GPSs (along with a lot of other electronic devices) just make people stupid!  My mom called me in a panic one day b/c she needed to get to the airport but she wasn't sure if AirTran was at the North or South terminal and her GPS was making her pick one.  Seriously?  She has driven to the airport not less than 100 times in her life and knows how to get there so why even bother with the GPS??  Plus, once you actually get on to the airport roads it's a big freakin circle with plenty of signs clearly marking which carriers are at which terminal.  So pick one for the GPS but then read the signs once you get there! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    when DH says things like "we've got plenty of time". I'm sorry babe but 6 weeks give or take a few is NOT enough time to get everything done unless we start right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When MIL comments on my 'swollen' ankles or talks to me like I'm 5 about how I should be taking care of myself.  Hello?  What do you think I'm doing?  Eating bonbons all day, doing drugs, and running 15k marathons?  She acts like I have no idea how to be a responsible adult, and I assure you I do.

It also grinds my gears when people pull out in front me while driving and then get mad like it's my fault.  Sorry buddy, you're the idiot. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
  • Options
    When my SIL just shows up at my house unannounced, with company. Takes showers at my house (although, she lives 10 mins away) then wears my non-maternity clothes home. Months later she'll say something like "how did you get a hole in these pants?" pointing out that they were my pants...not to mention I'm missing a TON of shirts.
  • Options
    imageFrauElyse:

What do you think I'm doing?  Eating bonbons all day, doing drugs, and running 15k marathons? 

This made me LOL

Breakfast : Bonbons

Afternoon Snack: Crack

Evening Activity: Crack fueled 15K -- woot woot

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsClark8109:
    imageFrauElyse:

What do you think I'm doing?  Eating bonbons all day, doing drugs, and running 15k marathons? 

This made me LOL

Breakfast : Bonbons

Afternoon Snack: Crack

Evening Activity: Crack fueled 15K -- woot woot

It's funnier now in retrospect but this woman honestly thinks I'm not doing everything in my power to keep her unborn grandchild as happy/healthy as can be like I have no vested interested...I mean, it's not my actual child or anything, lol. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
  • Options
    **the men I work with nit-pick everything I eat!  I had a few gummi bears after I got back from lunch and heard, "Didn't you just eat?"  Hey- mind your own business!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD and DH decide to get a summer cold right when three people we know have their babies!!! So instead of making the rounds at the hospital cooing at newborns I get to stay home and tend to two whiny snotty toddlers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

when ppl tell me "oh wait till LO gets here" like ive never been around a newborn or child in my life!!! funny part is some of them are not good parents!!!

comments ppl make when there not even asked or being spoken to!! if i want ur opinion and asked n didnt like it my fault but if i didnt ask n dont like it u should of just kept ur mouth shut and not get mad!!!!

UGHHH and my MIL is awesome but sumtimes she says stuff that really makes me go WTF?? the first time they have been to our new house was the day everything decided to go wrong! my AC unit decided to go kaput so it was hot as all get out n here, my hubby decided to sleep n the spare/baby room n mess up the piles of stuff i had n just threw it all n the corner, plus we need a 3bdrm cuz somehow we cant fit and have enough room for everything!!! she told me if my house wasnt clean she wasnt going to stay when the baby was born!! my house is not dirty just unorganized and for her to say that really got under my skin. plus she tells me oh dont say that and u better not let him say that! Last time i checked its my vagina and child!!!! mabye im just over sensistive but it erks me off!!!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ...the fact that I can't buy new fall clothes because I have no idea what size I'm going to be.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    NBR but It really bothers me when people post really personal things on FB. EG - how bad of a father their husband is or something like that. And it's even worse when other people chime in, people who know nothing about the situation, and they bash the husband on facebook (it could also be a brother, sister, etc).  I don't think stuff that's that personal belongs on facebook . . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageLiz4444:
    ...the fact that I can't buy new fall clothes because I have no idea what size I'm going to be.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate it when my nesting urges are tempered by 100 million plastic tag thingys hanging off of the new baby clothes that I want to wash RIGHT NOW.  I spent the last hour cutting off plastic tags and other fasteners attached in 6,000 different ways to all these clothes.  The socks and the wash cloths were the worst!  Why does a set of 6 baby washcloths need 30 stupid fasteners on them?  Redo your packaging and put the set in a frickin bag next time so that I don't have little plastic flaps all over my carpeting!

• Options
    ... When my SIL posts 20x a day on FB and EVERY post is negative/debbie downer.  Really?  You can't say anything positive?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"