Los Angeles Babies
Options

Prenatal Classes - childbirth and infant CPR

Hi, I'm Stacy and new to this forum. I'm 6 months pregnant and having a girl. I plan to deliver at St. John's in Santa Monica, and I was wondering if anyone has taken their prenatal birth classes such as prepared childbirth and/or babycare basics. The classes cost a fortune, so if anyone has tips on places to take free classes, I would appreciate it!

Re: Prenatal Classes - childbirth and infant CPR

• Options
    **No spamming**
  • Options
    You could try down the street at UCLA Santa Monica's The Birth Place.  Not free, but maybe it's cheaper than St. Johns.  Also the Birth Sanctuary in Mar Vista has classes.  Do a google search online and they should both pop up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi There

I am a birth Doula in Studio City, I offer the basics of childbirthing and prenatal care in my Prenatal sessions, however if you would prefer to go the route of formal classes Mother's Haven in Studio City offers some reasonably priced classes and many of the local hospitals provide very affordable childbirth classes too. Unfortunately these are often slanted in favor of the hospitals policies and procedures but may still be helpful.

Good luck with your search and congrats on your pregnancy:)

Best,

Terri-Leigh

www.doulala.org 

x Terri-Leigh Huleis www.doulala.org
  • Options

Hey.

I teach a prenatal class in Hermosa Beach and we have a CPR event on August 28th. Would love to meet you and chat more!

Good Luck!

Kelsey 

• Options
    www.mommyconnections.ca
  • Options
    I took babycare, childbirth and infant cpr/safety classes at UCLA-santa monica. I'm pretty sure not all classes are the same but I found infant cpr to be the only useful one out of the 3. I've read a lot of books throughout the pregnancy so maybe that's why I didn't feel like I got much out of it. I thought in the childbirth class I would learn different coping techniques, breathing, using a ball..nothing, just watched videos basically (something you can just google most of). Also, the babycare class I went to was awful, the lady talked about putting the baby in the bed with you and if you use a crib, she was recommending products that have been recalled, I only knew these things because I had read so much literature. Basically, a good book will do wonders for the major things, but obviously that was just my experience. If you do anything, make sure to get the dvd "happiest baby on the block" by harvey karp, the best thing I ever did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"