Food Allergy
Options

2 easy questions

Where can I find dairy free cheese crackers?  Can I make pudding with soy/almond/coconut milk?  TIA
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 2 easy questions

• Options

imagela79al:
    Where can I find dairy free cheese crackers?  Can I make pudding with soy/almond/coconut milk?  TIA

~ritz crackers are dairy free (only have soy in them). 

~Carrs Crackers (don't think they are cheese crackers, but they are crackers)

or google "vegan cheese crackers" so they will have soy, but not dairy. 

regarding pudding... I'm pretty sure the jell-o pudding box is dairy free and you can just use your choice of milk for the mixture.

• Options
    I made Jell-o pudding with rice milk, and it didn't set.  It stayed liquid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrschristamiller:
    I made Jell-o pudding with rice milk, and it didn't set.  It stayed liquid.

i would try oats milk or almond milk -they are thicker.  I've been planing on giving it a try so i'll post it if it works out. 

• Options
    I've heard that coconut milk will work but none of the replacement "milks" work in the instant pudding- just the stove top kind. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can now confirm that Jello is indeed dairy free however using coconut milk with instant pudding mix does not work.  We have liquid pudding.  Plan B is to try to freeze it (though somehow the flavors seem to cancel each other out and it is a strange taste of nothing). 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagela79al:
    I can now confirm that Jello is indeed dairy free however using coconut milk with instant pudding mix does not work.  We have liquid pudding.  Plan B is to try to freeze it (though somehow the flavors seem to cancel each other out and it is a strange taste of nothing). 

bummer :(

ok.. i think we should all keep trying until we find a way to make a dairy/soy free pudding lol!   I will try this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"