Nurseries and Baby Gear

Plus size maternity clothes.. where to find?

Wasn't sure which board to post this under, I guess this seemed most appropriate. I'm pregnant with baby #2. After my first, I switched jobs and gained alot of weight. Now I'm in the position that I have to buy size 20 maternity clothes. My old go-to stores don't carry this size. Where can I find decent plus size maternity clothes?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Plus size maternity clothes.. where to find?

• Ugh I think maternity in general is horrible to find!

I've seen plus sized on oldnavy.com (a pretty good selection too!). Also at jcpenney.com. Oh, and Motherhood Maternity.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm about the same size as you!  Finding good maternity clothes has been a challenge but I've been buying at consignment shops and Goodwill (got a bunch of stuff with tags still on them for WAY cheap).  Also...Motherhood Maternity has plus size clothes and right now all their clearance is an extra 40% off.  I order 8 shirts and some underwear for like $70 including shopping.  They'll be here tomorrow.  Also, Old Navy ONLINE sells plus sized maternity clothes.  I wish you the best of luck....
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh... maternity clothes.

I really think Motherhood Maternity has a monopoly on semi-affordable, decent looking maternity clothes. They do have a good selection of plus sized clothes.

I only ever bought a coat from Old Navy Maternity, but I noticed they had a plus sized department too. It's rare to find in-store maternity at Old Navy... it's mostly online only. But they have a decent return/exchange policy.

I think another one is Pea in the Pod, but their stuff was really expensive. The jeans at Motherhood were roughly $25-30 while jeans at Pea in the Pod were around $85-100.

Good luck! Maternity clothes suck. They're so much better than what our mothers had, but they have a long way to go. Namely in the "pants that don't need pulled up eleventy-billion times a day" department.

• I'm a size 14/16, and I got most of my stuff @ Motherhood or Old Navy. Penny's, Sears, or Target are also good bets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They just discontiued the plus size maternity online at Old Navy. They have about four items left and that's it. I've been going with Motherhood.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Some old navy things are ok. JC penny has nice looking stuff, but I've never kept anything I've ordered from there they fit funny to me. Motherhood has nice jeans etc. Ive lived (I mean almost everyday!) in my lululemon pants. I loved them before, but they are the most comfy now! I have the still pant, and the still crop. They are not cheap, but SOOO worth it, and they were mine prepregnancy. They are tough, and comfy, and perfect!!

• I am about the same size and I've found some great stuff on ebay, including a new with tags pair of Motherhood Maternitywork pants for $8!  The Avenue just started carrying a maternity line on their website as well.  https://www.babiesnbellies.com/ has some really cute dresses.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sears also has some plus-size clothing - not the biggest selection, but still some decent deals for maternity clothing. I haven't checked online, but I know that the regular stores carry them :-)
  • The majority of mine came from Motherhood Maternity.  See if they have an outlet near you - if save me some money.  Old Navy has a limited selection of Plus size maternity.  I got a few sweaters and cotton dresses that I love.  Since I am petite I loved the petite boot cut jeans offered by Motherhood maternity.  Burlington Coat Factory has a small maternity section that sometimes carries up to a size 20. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"