High-Risk Pregnancy

GD mom's: Weight at last growth scan compared to actual birth weight?

So I had my final growth scan on Thursday and they said she was 8 exactly. With DD1 she was around the same and they estimated at induction date she would be about 8 and 1/2 lbs. She came out at 7.11. So doc and I agreed that just in case they are right we will induce on Monday the 5th. I am hopeful she will be a bit smaller but afraid she will be bigger. How acurate were your last scans to birth weight?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD mom's: Weight at last growth scan compared to actual birth weight?

• DD1 was estimated to be 6 lbs 9 oz via u/s at 38 weeks, and doctor predicted she'd be around 7-7.5 lbs at birth at 39 weeks. She was born at 39w2d weighing 6 lbs 11 oz.

DD2 was measuring 6lbs 4 oz today, putting her on track to be about 7-7.5 lbs when we induce around 39 weeks. We'll see how close she is :) 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • At 36 weeks DD was measuring 5 lb 10 oz.  I was induced at 37 weeks 2 days due to severe pre-e/HELLP syndrome (I also had GD).  DD was 5 lb flat (first percentile).  We found out after DD was born that I had IUGR.
  • Loading the player...
  • At 38w4d he measured at 8lbs 4oz.  I was induced at 39 weeks ( 3 days later) and he was 9lbs 4oz. 

• imageBrewtowngrl:
    At 38w4d he measured at 8lbs 4oz.  I was induced at 39 weeks ( 3 days later) and he was 9lbs 4oz. 

Yours is one of the first I have seen where baby was bigger by alot. Were you okay delivering vaginally? THey are just so afraid of her getting stuck I guess if she's that big.

• With DD, she was estimated at 6 lbs 4 oz at 38 weeks and was 6 lbs 1 oz when she was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDisneyFreeek:

imageBrewtowngrl:
    At 38w4d he measured at 8lbs 4oz.  I was induced at 39 weeks ( 3 days later) and he was 9lbs 4oz. 

Yours is one of the first I have seen where baby was bigger by alot. Were you okay delivering vaginally? THey are just so afraid of her getting stuck I guess if she's that big.

OB insisted he was only 7 according my my fundal.  The whole time I kept saying he is huge and I know it.  From the start of my induction to the end was 1 hour 40 min.  He was harder to push out compared to DS1 so it took about 15-20 min.  DS1 was born in his 35th week though and almost slide out on his own.  He was 6lbs so he probably would have been a big guy too if he cooked long enough. I didn't have GD with him.   I was more sore with DS2, but the recovery was pretty easy.  I even asked to be discharged at 26 hours post delivery. 

• imageBrewtowngrl:
    imageDisneyFreeek:

imageBrewtowngrl:

OB insisted he was only 7 according my my fundal.  The whole time I kept saying he is huge and I know it.  From the start of my induction to the end was 1 hour 40 min.  He was harder to push out compared to DS1 so it took about 15-20 min.  DS1 was born in his 35th week though and almost slide out on his own.  He was 6lbs so he probably would have been a big guy too if he cooked long enough. I didn't have GD with him.   I was more sore with DS2, but the recovery was pretty easy.  I even asked to be discharged at 26 hours post delivery. 

Well you give me hope! An hour and 40 mins? That would be awesome. DD1 took around 19 hours for induction, of course they lagged on giving me the cervix pill and then the petocin. Hopefully since I have my own OB this time he will want to hurry it up.

• I don't think these calculations are always accurate or even close to it...my friend was told she was going to have a big baby and her baby was born (3 days before her due date) at 6 lbs 11 oz.  At 36w6d they told me he was 7.1 lbs so if you add 1/2 lb per week for 3 weeks that would be 8.9 lbs then you +/- a lb to see the estimated weight....our son was born at 40w5d so from the 7.1 lbs at 36w6d  add the 1/2 lb/week would be 9.1 lbs +/- 1 lb...he was 9.6 lbs at birth. So I would say he was not that far off from the prediction based on the last weight.  I had no problem delivering him vaginally for the record, all natural, 1 hour birth, with one teeny tiny stitch and pushed him out in a push and a half...less than 1 min of pushing!.  There are many babies born in the 10 lb range, not problem at all and some women don't even tear. Good luck to you all.  (PS I am not GD)
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • imageDisneyFreeek:
    imageBrewtowngrl:
    imageDisneyFreeek:

imageBrewtowngrl:

Well you give me hope! An hour and 40 mins? That would be awesome. DD1 took around 19 hours for induction, of course they lagged on giving me the cervix pill and then the petocin. Hopefully since I have my own OB this time he will want to hurry it up.

I think it being my 2nd helped.  I was 2+ when i went in.  They broke my water and in 15 min I was already at 7.  I did have PTL starting at 32 weeks though. 

• I'm almost positive I had undiagnosed/uncontrolled GD with DS. The last time they tested me with him was 28 weeks and I passed. This time they tested me again at 32 weeks and I failed (I passed the 28 weeks again).

I had my last u/s with DS at 38 weeks and he was estimated in the 81st percentile, which they guessed would be 8 to 9 lbs, closer to 9. He was 10 lbs and was 2 days overdue. I delivered vaginally but I labored for 27 hours and pushed for 3.25 hours. He was fine except that because he was in the birth canal for so long, he swallowed a lot of blood and had to be intubated and then have his stomach pumped twice within 12 hours after birth. I'm still glad that I delivered vaginally but my husband would say otherwise.

I have no plans to be induced or have a c-section this time around unless it's an emergency.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"