Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Stupid question....switching formulas

Humor me please :) it's been a rough few weeks. I can't remember what to do. We are going to try to transition off nutramigen. Do I switch cold turkey or gradually? If gradually, can I mix the different formulas together or do I have to make 2 separate bottles. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stupid question....switching formulas

• Options
    You should be able to just mix formulas but I'd check with your pedi to see what they suggest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My first ? is why r u switching and what r u switching to? We also use Nutramigen and was told that their isn't another formula equal to it. If you find out any info let me know cause 32 bucks a can is expensive.I know I was no help to your question
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We mixed the two formulas together half and half for a week.  Then made the switch.  We switched to Enfamil Infant.  He has been on it for about six weeks.  The Pedi said to give it a shot, because many babies outgrow the protein sensitivity he had, sure enough, it was a good choice.  He really enjoys his bottles now too, he was never fond of the way Nutramigen tastes, I don't blame him either...

• Options
    When we switched off Alimentum (was on Nutramigen as well) our pedi said there is no wrong way to do it, you can mix or go cold turkey. We decided to mix the formulas and start with 1/3 of the bottles new formula, increased it to 1/2, and then did full bottles of just the new formula. It worked well for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"