May 2011 Moms
Options

The opposite of stranger anxiety

So I know this is not a problem and plenty of people would kill for this "issue" but does anyone's LO not seem to show a preference for their parents yet?

DD is extremely social and will go to absolutely anybody, but I'm a little surprised that she hasn't seemed to show any preference for DH or I yet. 

I keep reading on the 3-6 month board how people are having issues with stranger anxiety already or their baby's cry when they leave the room. DD hasn't displayed any of that at all yet. 

Re: The opposite of stranger anxiety

• Options
    My LO is fine with strangers, but probably prefers DH or I when he's fussy.  I'm not looking forward to when he only wants us. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I never had that problem with either kid. Not this early at least. Separation anxiety hit at about 9-10 months with my son and it's normal for kids at that age.

I think in a lot of cases, Dad is not as hands-on and so LO tends to (over time) prefer Mom.  My DH is very hands on with our kids and we never have had an issue with either one preferring one over the other. Although, I will say my DS does love his "fun Daddy" more than his "lame Mommy." lol But, he's a 3 year old boy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Neither of my kids have had stranger anxiety.  My daughter has a very extroverted personality and has from birth--maybe your daughter is the same way.

I think my son prefers me a little but just because I have the boobs. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think my baby prefers strangers over me.  so sad for mommy
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OK I am not alone. I LOVE that DD is so friendly, but there is that tiny part of me that's like, "Why don't you want your mama a little more?"
  • Options

My oldest was this way, she NEVER was strange with anyone. She would willingly go with anyone and be so happy just to have someone to hold her and talk to her! I had her evaluated at 15 months for speech, and they do a complete eval in all areas including social development. She actually failed the social development part because of this. She fell in the range of a 9 month old when it came to her willingness to go to other people and no preference for just mom or dad. Technically she could have qualified for EI services-but, we all sort of laughed about it. Why would we want therapy for that? I would not have liked the end result, only wanting mom and dad? No thanks!

Long story short-they said it was rare, but nothing to worry about. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"