Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

BRU returns ?-no receipt but on registry

I can't remember where I heard this or if it's true, maybe someone here knows.

I do remember hearing that if you do get a gift, but it's not on your registry, and don't have a gift receipt, to add it to the registry, mark as purchased and they'll allow you to return it.

True or false?  

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011

Re: BRU returns ?-no receipt but on registry

• Options
    You can try it, but I've found BRU to be very inconsistent with they're return policies and what they will and will not allow. I was very unhappy with my registry experience with them. It's worth a shot though, it certainly won't hurt!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just did this - We got two PnP's at a shower...I knew one was from our BRU registry b/c of the print...they let me return ONLY b/c it was on our registry - but I did call ahead to double-check before I lugged it in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did this with multiple items with no problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've returned stuff at my BRU with out a receipt and I'm pretty sure some things have not been on my registry. They just ask for a valid DL and give you the current price of the item. So if it's on sale wait until it isn't on sale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've returned stuff with no registry and no receipt. As long as it's something they carry in the store, they'll take it.

You get store credit for the current price of the item.

• Options
    imagesrs5624:

I've returned stuff with no registry and no receipt. As long as it's something they carry in the store, they'll take it.

You get store credit for the current price of the item.

This.  In fact, I didn't notice that a package I returned actually had a BBB tag on it! They took it anyway because BRU also carried it, but just be forewarned that a lot of the big brands (Graco, Chicco, etc...) have multiple store-exclusive lines: prints or styles that are only for BBB or BRU so that both stores will carry their products.  Check the item online or call ahead befoe trekking all the way there to make sure it's one of the items they carry and they'll most likely take it back. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"