Upstate NY Babies
Options

Post-partum gift

MIL asked me this morning if there was something that I wanted while in the hospital after having LO2.  DHs Grandmother wants to get me something.  MIL mentioned nice lotion or body wash.  Body wash would be nice but I think I'd steer clear of the lotion so I don't overwhelm the baby with smells.  I can't really think of any other ideas to use either in the hospital or at home and I don't recall getting anything like that when I had DD.  Did you get something after giving birth that you enjoyed?
DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Post-partum gift

• Options

One friend brought me a caffinated  Sbux which I hadnt had since I got pregnant and someone else brought me margaritas in the box- both of which were like Bliss...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH has this thing where if I say I like something he'll buy me 5 of them.  So for ex. May before I had Liam we went to Hilton Head and I got a new Vera purse.  when we got back he bought me a vera diaper bag, so as a post partum gift he bought me yet ANOTHER vera bag.  haha! It was very thoughtful, and he was excited to give it to me.  And I use all of them all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wine, beer?! haha! My brother (kind of as a joke, but I loved it) brought me a bottle of my favorite vodka to the hospital! ;) Although, that might not be a good gift from GMIL!

My girlfriends got me a cute gift set from Bath and Body... it had a few items from the spa line (foot soak, lotion etc) and a nice pair of slippers. I love them, and I'm wearing them now! 

My mom gave me a nice lightweight robe that zipped up the front, so it was perfect for BFing. 

• Options
    My favorite thing someone gave us (although we didn't get it until we were home but at the hospital would have been good too!) was an Edible Arrangement. Esp since it was the end of October so I hadn't had fresh strawberries in a while - my aunt sent one of the arrangements that is all strawberries, mostly fresh with some dipped in chocolate. Heaven!
    image        image
  • Options
    Edible arrangements are always nice, gift card for take out, bath and body works gift set, robe, nice PJ's, something you gave up during pregnancy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I don't have any children yet, so no first hand experience, but I would imagine either a nice robe or nice pair of slippers would be a great gift... and something you can use over and over again.

PP's suggesiton of an Edible Arrangements gift would also be very nice. 

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If you are a reader- a kindle or a nook.  It's nice to have while breastfeeding overnight.
  • Options
    I got a facial 4-6 weeks after each boy was born (my first time away from them alone) and it was heavenly.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Someone got me a Starbucks GC at my shower and I was annoyed, since the plan was to BF, and I BFd for 16 months and I didn't have any caffeine, so I gave the GCs to a friend (it was a lot of $$, too).  You're right about the lotion, and I wasnt a huge fan of flowers because then I felt like I had to lug them home (and try balancing a vase of flowers in the car on the way home.. not so fun). 

There is a nice post partum type kit on here:
    https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/

I have a similar c-section balm that I loved.  Also gifts/things to keep DD#2 busy, including some big sister books.  "Junk food" for the hospital was much appreciated!  I also like these nutritional nut/berry bars that are expensive and someone got me those, which was also great for my milk supply.  Another really nice gift someone got me was a personalized baby blanket from Pottery Barn (I think it's called a stroller blanket) - so nice and plush and just the right size for a baby / toddler.

• Options

My dad brought me a sippy cup of wine, cuz he's awesome.

Most people didn't really get any gifts for "me", but my friend did send us a tote bag filled with goodies from https://www.itsonlynaturalgifts.com/ .. some of the stuff was specifically tailored to post partum/BFing.. so that was really nice.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

Do people have time for this post-partum?  Bc what the heck did I do wrong then haha.

I'm not big into shower gels/lotions any of that stuff anyway.  If anyone asks me what I want, it will be either 1. come play with dd, 2. clean my house, 3. bring me food.

• Options
    I think my first choices would be a gift card or some sort of food delivery.  That sounds weird but those are the things you will actually use.  Really a cleaning service would be freaking awesome but who knows how much that runs, I'm sure it's more than lotion :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"