Pregnant after 35
Options

No Ticker Yet

Is it just me, but is anyone else kinda afraid to put a ticker up? I got my BFP on August 19 but don't have a doctor's appt until September 7. It feels like it'll be more official or "real" once I see the doctor and have everything confirmed, although the morning sickness (all-the-time queasiness) and exhaustion are real enough :) Don't want to jinx anything!

Also, my LMP was July 9 but I didn't conceive until July 29 or 30 so I'm not sure what they'll tell me my due date will be....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: No Ticker Yet

• Options
    No worries you are not alone - I waited until I was over 12 weeks to put up a ticker...Whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • Options

I think it's a good idea to wait until you see your Dr.--if nothing else it will help you know what dates to put on your ticker.  It was sort of a big deal to me too (more than it should be).  I was very paranoid to put one up after suffering a loss this time last year--I somehow thought I was going to jinx things too.  After a few ultrasounds and good Dr. appts I finally felt more comfortable. 

I didn't mention anything on FB until after my anatomy scan at 19w4d when we found out we're having a little boy and everything looked good.  I may have been more paranoid than most, but everyone has different feelings and you should go with whatever you're comfortable with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say stay positive and put up a ticker!  getting pregnant at all is pretty miraculous. Enjoy and good luck at your appointment!
  • Options
    I didn't put my ticker up until I had seen the first u/s. Honestly, I would just say your LMP was 7/15- otherwise they will just go by the 9th and everything will be off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"