Upstate NY Babies
Options

S/o car seat ?

what's the deal with forward facing now? It's reccomended at two or a certain weight?height? I know this was a big discussion recently, and I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: S/o car seat ?

• Options
    Last I heard, the AAP recommends rear facing until the limits on your carseat. 
  • Options
    Yep, the recommendation is 2 years or until your LO surpasses the weight AND height requirements of the car seat.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RFing is best/safest, but now they do recommend it as long as you can.  We did RFing with DD until age 2.5 when we had our 2nd baby.  She was pretty big for her age, and the only reason we went FFing was because it was a tough fit with the carseat once the 2nd carseat was added.
  • Options

We turned dd around in DH's truck during our vaca last week and he left it like that.  My car she is still RF.  She switches back and forth fine.  Although, once we get the new car for me, I think DH will install it FF and be done with it.

In his truck, the only position a car seat will fit RF is the middle.  So come January anyway, she would have had to go FF on the side and have the baby in the middle RF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"