Baby Names
Options

Help with girl name choices!

FYI: I couldn't get the poll to work. Grrr.

I love the names Sutton, Lexington, Raeley. Of course they're different and I don't get any help from family because they all want THEIR name used. What do you think of these names? Any that you like best?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with girl name choices!

• Options
    Lexington is pretentious and Raeley is an eye-bleeder. Sutton is NMS, but it is the best of the three.
  • Options
    they all made me queasy, sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My top two were Sadie and Lillith, but I can't use either one of those, because my SIL and BIL got a puppy and named her Sadie. My niece was just names Lilly. I'm at a crossroads, I can't find ANY names that I like.
  • Options

Of the three, I like Sutton the best. It doesn't sound very feminine though.

• Options
    How about Lexie? 
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sadie and Lillith are great!

If I were you, I'd go to the SSA website and read the top 1000 lists from 1890 and 1930 ? see if anything with a Sadie/Lillith vibe jumps out at you.

https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

• Options

Sutton is a last name.

Lexington is a type of BBQ.

Raeley is just baaad.

Forget family, what do YOU like?

• Options
    These are supposed to be girls' names? I'm sorry, I think they're all pretty awful.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

I don't think Raely is a name - first, last, or middle.  Lexington is a lovely city in Virginia, and Sutton seems more like a last name.

Alexis would be close to Lexington.

• Options

All right, clearly you have unique tastes haha, but I'm not going to diss them. I actually like Sutton and I think Riley is a good alternative to Raeley. Sadie would have been cute, but if it will always make you think of a dog now obviously you can't use it. Here are my "Sadie-inspired" names:

Addison, Audrey, Sasha, Savannah

Hope this at least helps getting the ideas flowing. You'll find something perfect!

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Options
    I'm sorry but Raeley is pretty terrible, IMO. I am actually one of the few people (if not the only person) who likes Sutton for a girl. I know that it is technically a boy name but the only Suttons I have known have been girls so that is the association for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    LOL everyone hates Raeley. It was given to me on that website Nymbler and I wanted to know how other people liked it. So now that's waaayyy out. I'm going to have to start over...AGAIN.
  • Options
    Love Sutton, as it's one of our tops for a girl, but the other two... nms.
  • Options

imagexhollishx:
    LOL everyone hates Raeley. It was given to me on that website Nymbler and I wanted to know how other people liked it. So now that's waaayyy out. I'm going to have to start over...AGAIN.

You still have plenty of time. Don't rush into a name just to have a "different" name. Eventually you will find one. My husband came across DD's name in a newspaper sports article. We had given up, but that name just stuck with us despite people's opinions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I do in fact like the name Raeley. A good friend of mine named her daughter that and at first i wasn't too sure of it but it has grown and i really like it now!! Best of luck choosing a name. It is a hard task at times. Big Smile
    having a baby
  • Options

imageplunderb:
    Lexington is pretentious and Raeley is an eye-bleeder. Sutton is NMS, but it is the best of the three.

This

• Options
    I love Sutton. There is a great Broadway performer named Sutton Foster. The other two names I didn't like, especially the one that is spelled so strangely that I have no idea how to pronounce it. Rae? Rie?
  • Options

Sutton: Just doesn't sound feminine to me. 

Lexington: Just doesn't sound like a name.

Raeley: Looks like the grocery store called Raley's, only misspelled

I'm normally a little more accepting of "oddball" names than most on this board, but these are just...well...horrendous. I'm sorry. :(  

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    raeley is obnoxiously trendy to me. it just reminds me of toddlers and tiaras. sutton is nms and lexington sounds very pretentious but out of the three that'd get my vote.
  • Options
    imagelauranicole91:

Sutton: Just doesn't sound feminine to me. 

Lexington: Just doesn't sound like a name.

Raeley: Looks like the grocery store called Raley's, only misspelled

I'm normally a little more accepting of "oddball" names than most on this board, but these are just...well...horrendous. I'm sorry. :(  

I'm so sorry, sweetie, but I totally agree with lauranicole. 

• Options
    Love the name sutton. I mentioned it to my sister who hated it, and to my best friend who wanted to steal it. I think it is different with out sounding really out there. Me and my husband already agreed it would be our daughters name. I get tired of people who name their children names that I think are awful overused names dissing a name you want, its not right. Go with whatever you want, because your the one who is going to be saying it the most, and it will grow on the people around you. So dont be afraid to go with your gut.... or belly in this case :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"