October 2011 Moms

breech baby

Anyone else have a breech baby? I am 32 weeks and know that since about 22 weeks..she went from transverse to breech.  My doctor is already seeing me once a week...but says he isnt worried about her being breech until 35 weeks. 

I am worried because my mom said I turned for her at 26 weeks..and it hurt her then! The longer she waits..the more it may hurt...or wont happen at all.  My mom was consdidered "small inside" and we think I am too. I am measuring a week behind.  I really don't want a c section..especially since Ive been experiencing so much hip pain...I know my hips are still spreading for a reason! lol

Just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me and if you are worrried.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: breech baby

• Not sure where the LO is, Dr hasn't been pointing it out, but I feel strong movement at the top, then sometimes near the pelvis, so I'm sure she's still rotating.  Try some of the spinning babies techniques while you're still early and she has lots of room to move around.  Maintain good posture, try some specific yoga poses and there's also some water moves you can try.  If still breech after 36 weeks, some people seek help from chiropractors or acupuncturist and there's the possibility of external version through your OB.  It's not fixed in stone until the very end.  There's lots of anecdotes on TB from people who reported that the baby was breech right up to the big day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby was breech at the 32 week mark but is now transverse. I'm not going to lie, it's not fun when the baby starts to move like that. However, it's far better than the pain that I would incur if I have a version. I am hoping she makes her way into the complete correct position but she is being stubborn and keeps going back to breech.

Even though they are not worried yet, have they given you any info on things to try ( positions, music, etc) to try to get your LO to flip now? Mine also told me that they are not "worried" right now but that now would be the best time to try to get her to move ( since it will only get more difficult the larger she gets)

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry to much right now.  My friend's baby didn't go head down until nearly 38 weeks.  Turns out that didn't mean much since she is hooked to pictocin right now as we speak and baby just won't drop so she has to have a csection later.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• My LO was breech at all of my appointments. My last appointment was at 28 weeks and he was breech. At 31 weeks 6 days, yesterday, they confirmed that he was FINALLY vertex! It was such a relief! But honestly, I didn't think he was because I did NOT feel him turn. And yes, I was most definitely worried up until yesterday!

Check out spinningbabies.com and their exercises. I did them up until about a week before my appointment and I felt like I should stop in case I was to disengage him from a head-down position. I'm so glad I listened to my instincts!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • With DD, she was breech and I found out between 30-33 weeks and she never turned, but they didn't get worried until 33-35 weeks because it was my first pregnancy and she had so little room to move around in, making it less likely for her to turn. She never did turn, and we opted to skip the external version. We did several ultrasounds to be extra sure, but she never did turn and I ended up with a c/s (and thus have to have a repeat c/s this time around).

There is definitely still time, although I hear that for first timers, the further you get, the less likely it is for baby to turn. I have heard stories of babies turning the day-of, though, too. GL to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"