Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

waking at night and sleeping on the floor

Our two year old was sleeping through the night. Last week he started something new. When we put him to bed now, he will get up and go to his door and cry. Then he will fall asleep at the door. When we move him to his bed he will cry some, and insist that the door is left open. Okay. Then in the middle of the night we hear the thudding of his feet and he cries at the door and then sleeps on the floor again!

Oh, we have a baby gate at his door b/c we haven't been able to get him to actually stay in bed when we put him there. We were fighting with him until 11 pm to actually stay in his bed before we put up the gate.

With #3 on the way, he has to move into a room with his sister. This has to stop!

Any advice??

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: waking at night and sleeping on the floor

• Options
    I'd just leave him alone and let him figure out the bed's better than the floor and sleeping on the floor doesn't get him any attention.  DD slept on the floor a few times after she moved to the toddler bed.  Now, she sleeps on the bed.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS loves sleeping on the floor.  He'll pull off all his blankets and spread it out and arrange his pillows and just fall asleep.  I once found him in the closet.  I just let him be...if he's sleeping, then I'm okay with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ds did that for a while.  We just let him since he seemed comfortable.  He did it on and off for a few months and then stopped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"