Northern California Babies
Options

When do you decide their Halloween costume selection is official?

This is the first year DD is really into costumes and knowing about Halloween and wanting to dress up.

What she wants to be changes just about hourly. Today she wanted to be Tangled, T-Rex, Bad Mommy from Tangled (grrr), Pirate and then a Triceratops. 

How far in advance do you plan a Halloween costume??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When do you decide their Halloween costume selection is official?

• Options

We have always waited until about two weeks out: long enough to know the selection is final, but close enough to Halloween to have zero selection left and give me a major headache trying to find "the" costume. We haven't found the magic number or answer yet. This year, Ty has remained pretty constant on what he wants to be. Jake is a different story. I will probably buy end of the month/early October.

• Options

Last year was horrible for us.  It ranged from a dinosaur, to a train, to a tiger (had the costume, tried to convince) to a ladybug to a monster, to Buddy (not a general dinosaur, only Buddy from dinosaur train).  Grr.  Finally she settled on a train- Percy- only Percy.  I spend 3 nights making her a kickass Percy costume from boxes, and glue gun and fabric.  She went as a tiger on the Percy train- for 5 minutes.  Then just a tiger.  G'damn it!  I think you are at that same stage now.

This year is a definite her idea- but she's also way old enough to understand the consequences (i.e., if she changes her mind she stays home)  So this year she wants a ladybug costume from Old Navy.  F-it, I'm buying it and that's it or nothing.   Oh, and L gets to wear the same cowboy outfit S wore 2 years ago- and guess what?  Next year he gets to be Percy, or a tiger.  And I'll probably make him be a ladybug the next year!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm waiting even though C has had the same idea for two weeks. ;)  Last year he was pretty consistent about wanting to be a robot riding a motorcycle, but when Gramma suggested he could be a dinosaur like his cousin (who asked very forcefully to be buddy from Dinosaur Train at 2 years old), C went for it.  He didn't even know what dinosaurs were then. Now he wants to be the Teranadon that drives the Dinosaur Train.
  • Options
    Last year I bought at about 2-3 weeks before Halloween and that was cutting it too close for me mostly because the size selection was crap. This year since the boys have been talking about their costumes for close to 2 months, I'll probably wait about the same amount of time or just start piecing it together about a month before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"