Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Splat mat?

My CW recommended registering for a splat mat to go under the high chair to protect my rug.  It's a good idea in theory, but I have been reading a few user reviews for various ones and most complaints were about how thin or flimsy they were.  And for the prices, I might as well just go buy a round vinyl table cloth from the dollar store.  Anyone have any recommendations for mats that are a little more rigid?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Splat mat?

• Options

This is just what I thought! A vinyl table cloth seems like the way to go for me.

This being said I've seen some actual splat mats on landofnod.com that get rave reviews. One lady has had on of their mats for FIVE YEARS! That's pretty amazing to me.

• Options
    I have also read good reviews on the splat mat on landofnod.com.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just picking up inexpensive cloth tablecloths from WalMart that I can just throw in the wash instead of worrying about wiping off.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have no information on the actual splat mat. Our whole house is tile and hardwood, so I didn't bother to research that stuff.

However, I'd think that a thick vinyl shower curtain liner would work. You could cut it in half so it's not so cumbersome. Contrary to popular belief, shower curtain liners can go in the washer. Throw in in with a few towels and you're done. The towels scrub the goop off the vinyl.

Oh, and by shower curtain liner, I mean one of the liners at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond (they're usually around $10). Not the cheap, flimsy things at the dollar store or grocery store.

ETA: One more... would one of those office floor protectors work? The hard translucent plastic sheet that you put on carpet to protect it from chair rolling. Just a thought I had as I'm rolling around in my office chair, wrecking the cubicle carpet.

• Options
    My friend uses a huge beach towel - much easier to clean in the washer, as needed.
  • Options

I bought a clear round one that is heavy duty at BRU and it works great. I wipe off spots but when it gets really dirty I just put it in the sink with some dish soap and then drip dry outside or wipe with a kitchen towel. 

I like that it is clear so you really don't notice it and you still see my rug and flooring through it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"