Natural Birth

When to start hypnobabies

I have my hypnobabies but I have been so busy I haven't even gotten the chance to look at it so I'm starting to get worried.  When is the latest you are supposed to start it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to start hypnobabies

• everyone is different and some find it easier than others. i dont think its ever too late, you can always get some benefit out of it. just start it tonight. it doesnt take much time at all to listen to the tracks.
  • This chart should help you decide. They actually don't want you to start it too early because they're afraid (I think) that you won't keep up the time commitment and do it every day. Assuming that you're due in January, according to the chart, you should ideally start in October or November.

I'm a few weeks ahead of you and I plan on starting a week or two after Labor Day. It says that it's "too late" to start after 34 weeks, so you're still fine.

https://www.birthnaturally.org/Hypnobabies/classchart.htm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, but can you elaborate on what this is? I'm just starting my research on having a natural birth. Thank you for the information. 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Thanks I feel a little better now!

Hypnobabies is an at home study that involves reading the weekly lesson and listening to the appropriate scripts that they provide on cd or mp3.  Without having started it yet, I understand that it helps you to reprogram your subconscious thoughts regarding labor and delivery from the scary and painful experience you are told it will be to the natural and empowering experience that it can be.  I can't speak for how the hypnosis actually works because I haven't started it yet though.  It is highly recommended though so I'm excited to get started, when I can find the time that is!

• From what I remember they recommend starting at 26 weeks, so you have plenty of time. As long as you have 6 weeks to go through all of the CDs and practice, then you're good. Starting at 26 weeks gives you a change to go through the CDs twice and have 4 weeks to practice.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageJKB1986:

Thanks I feel a little better now!

Hypnobabies is an at home study that involves reading the weekly lesson and listening to the appropriate scripts that they provide on cd or mp3.  Without having started it yet, I understand that it helps you to reprogram your subconscious thoughts regarding labor and delivery from the scary and painful experience you are told it will be to the natural and empowering experience that it can be.  I can't speak for how the hypnosis actually works because I haven't started it yet though.  It is highly recommended though so I'm excited to get started, when I can find the time that is!

Thank you! I'm very interested in this.  

4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• imageAshasaurusRex:
    From what I remember they recommend starting at 26 weeks, so you have plenty of time. As long as you have 6 weeks to go through all of the CDs and practice, then you're good. Starting at 26 weeks gives you a change to go through the CDs twice and have 4 weeks to practice.

I think you are right about this. I started at 30 weeks, I don't know why I procrastinated so much, but there were definitely a couple weeks I would have loved to have taken two weeks on instead of one.

I still plan on going back and rereading the workbook.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"