High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre Term Labor Ladies - when did you get put on bedrest?

Hi there!  A quick intro... I'm Jenn.  I used to be on all the time because I was high risk with my 1st pregnancy too (GD and PIH).  This pregnancy isn't going any better... in fact, worse!

At 24 weeks, I was admitted for PTL.  They stopped the contrax and sent me home because I wasn't dilating at all.

Yesterday, I went in for an NST and they were tracking contrax every 3-5 minutes.  Back to L&D I went.  I was put on IV fluids, monitors, given turbutiline, and things slowed so I went home.  I was told "take it easy and no work" so I am home until Thursday when I go in for another u/s, NST, and cervical check.  My FFN was negative.  Cervix is 1-2 cm dilated, but still long.  So some signs that something is starting, but so glad that the ffn is - and cervix is still long.

So... question is, what was the trigger for bedrest?  Can I assume since my FFN was negative that I will be on full duty come Thursday?  I am *guessing* she will send me back to work, but I'm not sure if that's the right option?  Maybe it is since its late in my pregnancy?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pre Term Labor Ladies - when did you get put on bedrest?

• @ 21 weeks due to contractions every 1-2 mins, then 26 weeks admitted to hospital put on mag sulfate for 72 hours then on procardia 20 mg every 6 hours.  sent home after 6 days on strict br  ill be on br till at least 35 weeks  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar
  • I was put on bedrest at 27 weeks with contx every 3 minutes, dilation, and a positive FFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • lady butler - were your ffns + or -?

i got terbutaline yesterday, but it really screwed with my blood sugar so they didnt send me home on pills. 

• PTL at 29 weeks.  Contractions 3-4 mins apart, cervix still closed (measured 2.5). Negative Ffn.  Admitted, mag sulfate for 24 hours, sent home with 20mg of Procardia every 6 hours and bed rest until today! (well, I was allowed to go to school Thursday and Friday, took last Procardia an hour ago).  So bed rest was for 6ish weeks.  Now they won't try to stop anything if it starts back up.  Good luck to you!
  • imageJennlovesAustin:

lady butler - were your ffns + or -?

i got terbutaline yesterday, but it really screwed with my blood sugar so they didnt send me home on pills. 

negative ffn.  my drs wont do terbutaline.  my cervix is shorten and fingertip dialated.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar
  • I was put on bedrest at 31 weeks and 2 days. I had cramping, contractions and was found to be 2 cm dilated. I never had the FFN test. I was in the hospital for 6 hrs to get the contractions under control and then was sent home. I'm surprised that your md didn't put you on bedrest because mine seemed so worried and told me I could only get up for 5 minute shower and to go to the bathroom. She didn't even want me to come in to the MD for 2 weeks b/c she didn't want to being sitting in the waiting room and go into labor. Wondering if this is just a MD's opinion thing? I'm 35 weeks now and am allowed to sit up but still not allowed to leave the house. She told me at 36 weeks she would change the restrictions. They orginally sent me home on Procardia but it didn't agree with my body well and was changed to Terbutaline. However my DR said most people do better with the Procardia. Thoughts and Prayers to you and that your little one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nursie - I'm not sure.  I know all doctors are different.  She is definitely watching me and won't let me work, but never mentioned strict bedrest.  Today I did get up to cook meals, do 2 loads of laudry, and shower, but I took it easy otherwise.

I guess we;ll see how strict she wants to be on Thursday.  I was in the hospital for 8 hours Monday and did require terbutaline to stop contrax.

I can't take procardia either - it gives me heart problems.

• I've had at least 6 situations of "pre term labor" type contractions since 17 weeks pregnant. However, I am not dilated at all. So at this point, they have chalked it up to irritable uterus and have given me procardia to take as needed. So, no bedrest for me as of yet.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh, and I've done the fFN twice and both times it was negative so that is another reason why I'm not on bedrest. I really just have to rest more, get off my feet more, monitor stress, etc. Sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't. But since I have a toddler at home, I really, really want to avoid bedrest for as long as possible!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"