Houston Babies

Addicted to Etsy Baby!

After dropping a couple hundred on etsy items for the nursery (in the last HOUR) I realized I have a problem. :) How much did you guys spend in total on your nurseries? I think this can get out of hand.....lol

Re: Addicted to Etsy Baby!

• So far I've spent about $250 on the nursery.  But I got very lucky that a friend was transitioning her little boy out of the crib just when I got pregnant so we got all of the furniture for free and I found the bedding/decor set I liked on Ebay for less than 50% of retail. 
  • I only spent $25 on DD's nursery.  My mom sews and made her bedding.  My FIL purchased her crib and changing table.  Don't ask how much I have spent on Etsy for clothes, bows and other accessories lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • on bedding an accessories, a few hundred. you don't want to know what i spent on the furniture but i've had 2 kids in, so i at least divide the cost between the two of them ;)
  • Honestly it all depends on your budget and what you're comfortable spending.  I splurged on nice furniture and bedding for my girls, but made a lot of the decor in their rooms (i.e.: DD's bed canopy that looks custom and cost me a whopping $25).   If we have another and it's a girl I probably won't buy new bedding, just reuse what I've used for the first two.  DD#2 is over a year and hasn't had the $$$ bed skirt on in over 5 months (she is a climber and we had to drop the crib early and the skirt doesn't work on the lowest position... nobody tells you that when you drop big $ on a crib skirt).  

Now clothing...that's a whole other ball game.  I'm all about cute shoes and clothes for my girls... that's where Etsy and other sites get me in trouble. 

• We didn't spend much...and I am thankful I didn't. At the time we were in an apartment and now that we are in our house I am finding myself ready to discard the old bedding in favor of a whole new room decor. I actually really like Dwell Studio and Dwell Studio for Target (more affordable).

• About $300. And $250 of that was for furniture.
    - Jena
  • We spent about $150 on bedding and way too much on furniture. But all of the furniture that we bought will last her till she is out of the house!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"