Pregnant after IF

Recipe for Zucchini Casserole Freezer Meal

Everyone can use more freezer meal recipes, right? And aren't there tons of extra zucchinis in gardens right now? This recipe is from my Aunt Marita, who was a fabulous cook, baker, seamstress and fabulous aunt whom I think of and miss every time I make this.

Ingredients:4 tomatoes, sliced4 med zucchini, sliced2 tsp. salt, divided1 1/2 lb. ground beef2 Tbsp. dried parsley1/4 c. onion, diced2/3 c. uncooked rice1/4 tsp. each of cinnamon, allspice and pepper1 c. tomato juice1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar is what I typically use)
Directions:Grease a 9x13 or (2) 8x8 dishes. (I like to split it up - unless you need to feed 8 people at once!).Put 1/2 the tomatoes on the bottom, then 1/2 the zucchini, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt.In a large bowl, combine ground meat and all ingredients (including remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt) except the cheese.Put meat mixture in dishes and top with remaining zucchini and tomato.Wrap tightly (I do foil, plastic wrap, more foil, and label with date) and freeze.When ready to cook, I typically take out of the freezer the night before and put in the fridge. If you put it straight in the oven you might just need to cook it a bit longer.
Bake, covered for 90 minutes at 350. 
Remove cover, top with cheese, bake 15 more minutes. 

Married 08.06
Started TTC 05.08
Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
DH: perfect
1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Recipe for Zucchini Casserole Freezer Meal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"