Single Parents

Seriously? Baby Daddy?

I can't believe how many people get all snarky when someone says "baby daddy." Don't get me wrong, I hate term as much as any of you, but really?

If you use the terms "douchebag," "deadbeat," or even "super douche," you're using a derogatory term, and it's no more classy than saying "baby daddy." Granted, it may sound a little better, and it may be true, but it's a ridiculous double standard.

You know what else is super classy? Referring someone to babygaga instead of treating them with consideration and respect. Nothing says "high class" like pointing out that you think you're better than someone.

Re: Seriously? Baby Daddy?

• Hi.  Welcome to the bump.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is this what you were expecting??? image 
  • imagebeccaga16:

Baby daddy is not even grammatically correct. It makes someone sound dumb.

Douchebag, super douche and deadbeat may be harsh terms and may make us look bitter and angry... but they are used correctly.

If a person wants to use the term "baby daddy" fine... but I will always look at that person as someone from Maury.

As far as the bump/the nest goes, I am pretty sure this board is one of the least snarky ones I have seen. 

OP, if you're referring to the LHC post below, perhaps you should check her post history where she's demonstrated that she's BSC many times over.

And I'm sorry, Baby Daddy is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I maintain my original position.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageachase123:
    imagebeccaga16:

Baby daddy is not even grammatically correct. It makes someone sound dumb.

Douchebag, super douche and deadbeat may be harsh terms and may make us look bitter and angry... but they are used correctly.

If a person wants to use the term "baby daddy" fine... but I will always look at that person as someone from Maury.

As far as the bump/the nest goes, I am pretty sure this board is one of the least snarky ones I have seen. 

OP, if you're referring to the LHC post below, perhaps you should check her post history where she's demonstrated that she's BSC many times over.

And I'm sorry, Baby Daddy is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I maintain my original position.

I agree that the term is annoying (at best). I also hate that people purposefully say things that aren't grammatically correct. I am not defending the use of it at all, just pointing out the double standard. "Baby daddy" implies that someone is a nothing more than a sperm donor, a douchebag, or a deadbeat, and I find it strange that it is considered more classy to directly say those things than it is to use a term that simply implies them.

I do agree with you achase. As far as being snarky goes, this board is a hell of a lot better than some of the other ones on this site (which is one of many reasons that I even bother to read it). I don't care what term any of the women on this board use to describe their ex, it's our own choice and I think it's a very trivial thing to nitpick about.

• Yay.  I win.  I don't use any of those idiotic terms! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"