Secondary IF

IVF insurance coverage in PA?

Hello everyone!  I am just wondering if any of you out there know of any insurance companies that cover IVF in Pennsylvania? 

Re: IVF insurance coverage in PA?

• Cherylanne, I have been wondering the same thing. As far as I can find, IVF coverage in PA is extremely limited. PA is not required to provide insurance coverage for  IVF (https://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14391); therefore most companies do not. In fact, my RE always states how fortunate I am because mine covers unlimited IUIs. It sucks to not any IVF coverage.
    Mother to DS, born May 2009 TTC for #2 since June, 2010 MC July, 2010 Diagnosed with ovulatory dysfunction in Jan, 2011 Five rounds of clomid, four cycles with IUIs, from Feb. 2011-June 2011, all BFNs despite great ovulatory response 31, DH 37 Considering my next step... Jac1019
  • We are in the same boat!  Ours covers IUIs unlimited, so far we have done 7 cycles, no luck :(  IVF with ICSI was recommended by our docs after all our testing but we don't have the funds to do it - if they look at what they paid out so far it far exceeds one OVF cycle - it's so frustrating!  Good luck to you :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! It is so frustrating! I am not going to the next step until December. I need a break for a few months. Have you done injectibles? If so, what was your experience like? My doctor basically said that with injectibles, I have a 50% chance of getting pregnant, but that with IVF he thinks I have a 90% chance...hmmm? Not sure what I want to do, especially considering my primary diagnosis was  ovulatory dysfunction, and this is my second cycle since coming off of my 5th clomid cycle and I ovulated on my own....

Good luck! Let me know if you get any good information.

Mother to DS, born May 2009 TTC for #2 since June, 2010 MC July, 2010 Diagnosed with ovulatory dysfunction in Jan, 2011 Five rounds of clomid, four cycles with IUIs, from Feb. 2011-June 2011, all BFNs despite great ovulatory response 31, DH 37 Considering my next step... Jac1019
  • I am in PA as well.  You guys are lucky to have IUI coverage.  Mine insurance stops right after dx and limited treatment (clomid).  No ART, IUI, IVF coverage at all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have not done the injectables since our insurance does not cover it, it does cover the clomid though - my hubby has a low sperm count so the odds are slim to none of IUI working but since it's covered unlimited we are going this route hoping to beat the odds and have it work!  I ovulate normally on my own and they said I naturally produce a lot of eggs, if we had coverage for IVF or the money for it we would have done it from the beginning as IVF with ICSI is what they recommended...this is so frustrating!
  • I am in the same boat!  So far everything looks good from my side....I ovulate, all my blood work has been good, still waiting for HSG to ensure no blockages (I've had 2 c-sections).  DH has a low count (8mil) and low morph (2%).  Urologist isnt until 10/7.....the waiting is killing me.  We will try to increase his numbers....and if not, that may be it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"