Pregnant after IF

Is everyone else dealing with insomnia too?

I'm exhausted girls, I can't sleep.  I go down to sleep like a ton of bricks and then something (usually my bladder) wakes me up in the middle of the night and then that's it, sleep is over for me.  I just lie in bed wide awake.

I know I've got a million things going on right now, I'm moving across the country in 11 days but honestly I couldn't be less stressed out about it.  The shippers are doing all the packing and unpacking for us, and most of it is done anyways because we've been slowly working on it for ages.  We're in awesome shape and I feel very calm and casual about the whole thing.  Work is all good and everything is managed, and it's not like I'm waking up with my mind racing, I'm just lying there staring at the ceiling.

I feel like a zombie and I'm starting to have trouble functioning during the day.  Seriously the next person who tells me to "sleep while I can" gets throat punched. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is everyone else dealing with insomnia too?

• I'm sorry.  I think I've been lucky that I've been so exhausted that I fall asleep fast and hard and don't wake up until my bladder wakes me up.  I'm usually able to fall asleep pretty easily once I can get comfortable in bed again. 

Last night was a different story but that was because DH was snoring so loudly that it sounded like a wild animal was in bed next to me.  His sinuses are bothering him so I know that's why, but man was it irritating. 

I hope once you get moved and settled, the insomnia will go away for you.  Even if you're not consciously stressed, the situation may just be causing it. 

• OMG i am the same way. i am soooo tired all the time, but once my head hits the pillow it takes about an hour to find a comfortable position.

then about an hour or two later, the tossing and turning starts from the aches in my hips and legs. then i have to pee. repeat. so i'm either tossing and turning all night to get comfortable, or peeing, which means i'm not really sleeping.

and i'm the same way as you - it's not like my mind is racing thinking of things. i just lay there, wishing the aches would go away so i could get some sleep!

i read that insomnia is very common in the third tri, something like 75% of women get it. i think that is so cruel or our bodies to do to us!

• Loading the player...
  • ::raises hand::  I'm exhausted and would give my left foot for a good night's sleep.  It doesn't help that everyone keeps on reminding me to sleep now because when the babies come sleep will be a distant memory.  But it already is and I'd love nothing more, but it's just not happening...  Hope your move goes well and your able to get some ZZZs.
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Me!  Pretty much exactly the same story.

It's usually around 2 or 3 AM I wake up to pee, then toss and turn because I can't quit stewing about stupid, stupid, stuff.  Like, I can't stop myself from getting all rialed up about weird things.  Then, usually, I get some random country song stuck in my head.  I usually fall into a deep sleep around 5 AM.

• Yep, I dealt with this last time, and again now.    exaclty as you describe.   I go to bed just fine, wake up to pee, and then can't fall back asleep.    It is the WORST.  

I keep telling myself it is good practice for when I don't sleep at all when the baby comes, but man, it is frustrating!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Me!  I usually fall asleep really easy, but then my bladder wakes me up and there I am for the rest of the night praying that I could just fall asleep.  I sleep really good about every 3rd or 4th night because I get soooo exhausted.  And like you, I honestly don't have anything on my mind, nor am I worried about a thing right now.  So weird!  Hope you're able to have a great night's sleep soon!
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
  • Its been getting worse for me the last several days. I lay down, it takes forever to find a comfortable position, then I'm waking up every 2-3 hours either to pee or because the baby is kicking hard and wakes me up..then of course its hard to fall asleep again. Its a vicious cycle.  I'm only getting bigger so I can't imagine from this point forward I'll ever have "normal" sleep again. I also think I have a pinched nerve which is making it uncomfortable to lie down.
    IUI#1 - 05/20/08 = BFP! M/C - 14 weeks :( baby girl
    IUI#2 - 01/07/09 = BFP!!! Twins!! Pre-term labor 20 weeks :( lost twin girls
    IUI#3 - 1/31/10 = BFP!!!! M/C - 8wks :( again
    IVF #1 - 7/2010 = c/p
    FET - 9/2010 = another c/p
    IUI#4 - 2/14/11 = BFP!
  • imageNicoleeBonsai:

OMG i am the same way. i am soooo tired all the time, but once my head hits the pillow it takes about an hour to find a comfortable position.

then about an hour or two later, the tossing and turning starts from the aches in my hips and legs. then i have to pee. repeat. so i'm either tossing and turning all night to get comfortable, or peeing, which means i'm not really sleeping.

This!

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Me Me Me I don't even so much mind getting up to pee if I can fall back asleep but I'm so uncomfortable and all my joints hurt.  My Dr Oked occasional Tylenol PMs and that works but I won't do it more than once a week or so.
  • Hang in there! You have a LOT going on!

That said, I am also having insomnia. I fall asleep fine, but then between the trips to the bathroom, the baby kicking, and heartburn I wake up several times during the night and can't get back to sleep.

I had trouble sleeping in the first trimester and it came back in the third. I guess it is natures way of preparing me for when the baby comes.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Thank you for making me jinx myself!  As soon as I say no, I fall asleep and stay asleep easily... poof, not last night!  lol  At 4:30 I thought about just staying up and going into work early, then I finally fell back asleep for another 2+ hours.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"