Georgia Babies

Today is Baby Reese's surgery

My friend's baby Reese (six months old) is already in surgery that is expected to last 6-8 hours.  The hope is for a complete resection of her brain tumor without any other damage.  Please pray for Reese, her family, the surgeon and medical personnel that are assisting. 

Re: Today is Baby Reese's surgery

• Prayers for that sweet baby. I can't imagine what her parents are going through.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I hope the surgery is a success.  Praying for baby Reese.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Many T&P!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope it went well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • T&P that everything goes well.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Update:

Reese's Mommy updated to FB that the tumor has been ressected but they have to do an MRI tomorrow to see if they got it all.  Unfortunately the tumor is aggressive (she did not say what kind of tumor it was - they may be waiting on pathology) so it will probably require more surgery and possibly chemotherapy.  Reese is still intubated and in ICU until at least tomorrow.  If the MRI shows more tumor left in Reese's brain then she will have to undergo surgery tomorrow, which could be complicated by the blood transfusions she received today.

In other words, keep praying, please!  This family has a long journey ahead.  I think Mindy stated that cell phones were restricted in the ICU so she may not be able to update much, if at all.  I am hoping she may call a mutual friend who will update for her tomorrow on Reese's prognosis.  So far some of her close HS friends have been updating everyone for her occasionally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"