Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

bottle sterilizers

I am debating getting a sterilizer so I  wanted to get some opinions.  I like the idea that you can sterilize breast pump accessories and bottles.  What do you think?  Worth it or a waste of money?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: bottle sterilizers

• Options
    I just used the microwave bags. Once I relaxed a little, I put the bottles and parts in the dishwasher.
  • Options
    Sterilizers are a waste of money.  Put the pieces in the dishwasher.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved the sterilizer! It was very convenient when I needed something clean right away and didn't want to wait to run a whole dishwasher load.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will probably get one or use the microwave bags since we don't have a dishwasher.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have a sterilizer and used it for a long time. I finally got smart and just started using the dishwasher though. I guess it depends on how much you cook, because you'll need to run at least a load a day for the dishwasher method to work for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCOmommy:
    Sterilizers are a waste of money.  Put the pieces in the dishwasher.

Yes my thoughts exactly!

• Options

imagemarch17:
    I am debating getting a sterilizer so I  wanted to get some opinions.  I like the idea that you can sterilize breast pump accessories and bottles.  What do you think?  Worth it or a waste of money?

Waste of money and counterspace. 

• Options

I'm a FTM but I guess if you have a dishwasher you don't really need one. If not they said that washing everything in hot soapy water will do the trick.

I will be getting one just because where we live the water is not clean enough and we don't have a dishwasher, so I know we will want to sterilize maybe twice a week just to be on the safe side.

image image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had a sterilizer and loved it. We don't run our dishwasher unless it's full, because that's just a waste of electricity. At any rate, the dishwasher didn't wash our bottles to our satisfaction. Just a reminder, on the insert of my medela pump, it said not to sterilize the horns after the initial boiling.... otherwise, you will end up replacing it many times. I see a lot of those complaints on amazon reviews for the shields becoming soft when sterilized a few times, so I just thought I'd point it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"