D.C. Area Babies

Mom's of Winter Babies - Gift Help!

Hi ladies - 

A friend of mine is having her first baby at the end of November.  I received the baby shower invite and checked her registry but there's not too much on there (nothing even bought yet).  I'm just curious to see if there is anything that you found to be useful/helpful/something baby loved, especially if you had a winter baby.     

TIA! 

Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Mom's of Winter Babies - Gift Help!

• Dear PharmJen,

She will probably receive 239482039420384 hats. I suggest an Aden+Anais dream blanket. I have some of the single and double layers, and love them, but would have loved to have some of the thicker ones. This is especially true if the family keeps their house cool.

Or, any of the carseat condoms that go OVER the carseat (and not under the baby). Something like this.

QuadSquad,

kewliegirl

imageimageimage
  • i didn't have a winter baby, but if her stroller has a rain cover, I'd recommend that.  She may not be able to use it at first, but we used it all the time with Sprout last winter.  He hates lots of blankets & that plastic cover created a kind of greenhouse situation so he was toasty warm w/out a bajillion layers (which tend to shift & fall off).  Of course, we still use it if we want to take a walk but it's drizzling outside & plan to use it again this winter extensively.

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto Kewli's recommendation for the JJ Cole cover - we used it a TON and loved it because it was safer than those that go inside the seat and had the added benefit of preventing strangers from reaching in to touch DS when he was super tiny. 

Also some HALO sleep sacks in fleece with the swaddle  - I think they even make a gift set that is one newborn size with swaddle and one size small without the swaddle. 

Also this one is for Mom, but I was always looking for cardigans or wraps I could wear in the colder weather and still nurse easily in.  I had a ton of zip up sweatshirts but I thought the zipper was kind of rough on DS's skin when I held him so I preferred stuff that buttoned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageumdbride:

Ditto Kewli's recommendation for the JJ Cole cover - we used it a TON and loved it because it was safer than those that go inside the seat and had the added benefit of preventing strangers from reaching in to touch DS when he was super tiny. 

Also some HALO sleep sacks in fleece with the swaddle  - I think they even make a gift set that is one newborn size with swaddle and one size small without the swaddle. 

Also this one is for Mom, but I was always looking for cardigans or wraps I could wear in the colder weather and still nurse easily in.  I had a ton of zip up sweatshirts but I thought the zipper was kind of rough on DS's skin when I held him so I preferred stuff that buttoned.

ditto this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKewliegirl:

Dear PharmJen,

She will probably receive 239482039420384 hats. I suggest an Aden+Anais dream blanket. I have some of the single and double layers, and love them, but would have loved to have some of the thicker ones. This is especially true if the family keeps their house cool.

Or, any of the carseat condoms that go OVER the carseat (and not under the baby). Something like this.

QuadSquad,

kewliegirl

THIS

• Thank you for the advice ladies!  The JJ Cole Bundle Me actually crossed my mind so I'm glad to hear that you found it useful.  I hate to go off the registry but I'm not used to having so few choices - most of my friends put everything but the kitchen sink on there! 
    Yorkie Jenga

• imageumdbride:

Ditto Kewli's recommendation for the JJ Cole cover - we used it a TON and loved it because it was safer than those that go inside the seat and had the added benefit of preventing strangers from reaching in to touch DS when he was super tiny. 

Ditto. We got a Kiddopotamus cover with a fleece lining and it was great.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• LOVED the bundle me!

• The bundle me actually goes inside the seat - we preferred the car seat cover that Kewli linked to.  It goes on kind of like a shower cap rather than inside the seat.  It was SO easy to take on and off, and it is safer because there is nothing between the baby and the car seat straps/belts. 
  • imageumdbride:
    The bundle me actually goes inside the seat - we preferred the car seat cover that Kewli linked to.  It goes on kind of like a shower cap rather than inside the seat.  It was SO easy to take on and off, and it is safer because there is nothing between the baby and the car seat straps/belts. 

Ditto this. We were able to leave it on and just take her in and out and it was so easy to use. I also loved that we could pull the flap up over her head out in public so strangers wouldn't stick their hands in to touch her.

The Bundle Me (and similar type warmers/covers that go between the child and the seat/straps) void the warranty on the car seat. It's definitely preferred as far as car seat safety to use the shower cap cover style.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebelizeitornot:

imageumdbride:
    The bundle me actually goes inside the seat - we preferred the car seat cover that Kewli linked to.  It goes on kind of like a shower cap rather than inside the seat.  It was SO easy to take on and off, and it is safer because there is nothing between the baby and the car seat straps/belts. 

Ditto this. We were able to leave it on and just take her in and out and it was so easy to use. I also loved that we could pull the flap up over her head out in public so strangers wouldn't stick their hands in to touch her.

The Bundle Me (and similar type warmers/covers that go between the child and the seat/straps) void the warranty on the car seat. It's definitely preferred as far as car seat safety to use the shower cap cover style. 

Ooooohh, thank you ladies for the clarification.  I had no idea that the Bundle Me actually went between the baby and the car seat.  I will definitely make a note of this for future personal reference too!  

Yorkie Jenga

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"