Blended Families

Sad convo with GD1

I picked up the short ones Saturday.  Kiddo wanted to talk with me "in private" about things that made her sad.  Her kitty died Thursday night and she was mourning.  DD2's boyfriend ("daddy") told her to quit being so overdramatic and emotional and get over it.  Sad  Then she told me that Sister made her feel bad because she was always talking about her "daddys" and she had lots of daddies that loved here and Kiddo didn't have lots of daddies like she did.  I had to explain to the poor thing that it was not a good thing to have so many daddies and she had her grampa who was like her daddy when she was growing up and he loved her to pieces, more than any daddy ever could,  That made her feel a bit better, and we snuggled for a bit.

Man, can you imagine comparing the number of daddies you have in your life as a sort of validation (or whatever term is more appropriate)?  Sad.

Photobucket

Re: Sad convo with GD1

• That's the wrong idea to have.  "Lots of daddy's" could potentially mean she thinks she has to have lots of boyfriends to feel loved.
  • image+j+k+:
    That's the wrong idea to have.  "Lots of daddy's" could potentially mean she thinks she has to have lots of boyfriends to feel loved.

I agree with this. I sure do hope this little girl does not grow up with true "Daddy Issues"  and does not base her self worth on the number of men in her life. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, which is why we had the "lots of daddies is not good" conversation.  We're going to be working with GD2 on these issues too.  Hopefully we'll have them long enough to mitigate some damage.  :(

Photobucket
  • That's so sad.

I truly hope they get to stay with you permanently.

Hugs X

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"