Minnesota Babies

meal planning

Does anyone have a website or ideas they'd suggest for meal planning? I'm going to try to be better about this with LO #2 on the way. I feel like I always make the same meals, over and over. Or we end up picking something up or going out to eat. In trying to save money and knowing that going out to eat with 2u2 is going to be difficult, I'm looking for some help. Thanks for any ideas!

Re: meal planning

• mealsmatter.org

We also keep a list on our fridge of meals we like that are simple so when I am trying to plan our grocery list, I can just take a quick peak & get some ideas.

Also, how do you feel about your crockpot? I love mine. If you don't use it twice a week, you should start. The easiest part of cooking is a slow cooker & who doesn't want dinner made for them when they get home?

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• HEY! Thanks for the tip! Great site! I have been looking for new recipies, since LO's arrival I have been trying to plan my week of meals all at once, one less grocery store trip! I think this will be great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Momswhothink.com. My stepdaughter found it.  She picks out one new recipe and makes it every few weeks and has already gotten a few good ones off of this.  If give you an 8 week plan so I just pick ones I like and incorporate them into my routine.  I started menu planning a few weeks ago.  I put what I am making on my Ipad calender so that everyone has access to it and then make a list off of that while I am planning and it has saved us from not having something ready and going out to eat.  
  • I would also check out the "whats cooking" board on the nest.  They always have a weekly menu post and daily WFD (whats for dinner) posts.  I usually jot down ideas for the following week with what is posted.

Once you get the hang of it, meal planning is easy.  We usually plan by the week, but some go every 2 weeks.  I just can't do this because I like having fresh produce and some of the things just don't last that long.

Good Luck!

• I have a list on our fridge that has our meals for the week and a shopping list on it. That way when you think of what you are making you can compare it to what you have on hand, plus, when you run out of something you already have a list going on.

I really like the "Weekly Menus" from Hy-Vee. hy-vee.com then "Meal Suggestions" then "Weekly Menus. https://www.hy-vee.com/meal-solutions/weekly-menus/weekly-menu.aspx Here's the one from this week. I like that they are simple recipes and keep nutrition in mind. They have all the nutrition information right there for you.

Good luck!

A

www.AGraffDesigns.etsy.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"