Secondary IF

how to fix FSH/LH

As I approach my next cycle on meds after being on a 3 mo break, I'm wondering if anyone else may have had the same problem as me. Apparently the only thing wrong from the PCOS is my FSH/LH are still out of whack. All other levels are fine. But that imbalance is causing my ovaries to not function at all. Dr is trying me on Femara next cycle since Clomid's done nothing for me.

But my question is, how else do you break the imbalance of FSH/LH?  Just by Femara alone forcing ovulation?  (Plan to ask my Dr this on Thurs, just wondering if yall have had similar situations)

7/09 miracle DD born
3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
Dori
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"

Re: how to fix FSH/LH

• Having your FSH/LH "out of whack" is pretty much a hallmark of PCOS.  Femara works by blocking free estrogen in your body and causing a different hormonal imbalance that tricks your body into producing FSH, and then LH, to cause ovulation.  Clomid works in your brain to trick your ovaries into functioning.  Another option is to take FSH injections directly (follistim, gonal-f) to give your ovaries the hormones they lack and work with them.  I don't know of a way to right the balance, if I did I could save a lot of money on fertility meds!  I'd be curious what your doctor has to say.  I think there a lot of theories out there on how to fix hormonal imbalances but I don't know of any that have been tested and actually work for everyone.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, thank you so much for all that. Way more than my Dr has ever explained to me! I feel like I'm still pretty 'new' to all this junk because we got the dx, did a whirlwind 2 months of failed Clomid, then my DH deployed so we've been on a break. I haven't been able to ask all these questions about Femara yet so I'm still learning about it all. That, and I'm STILL only being treated by my OB. Definitely asking for an RE referral at this appt because I hear it's a 4 month wait, yippee :/
    7/09 miracle DD born
    Dori
  • Loading the player...
  • You're welcome. Good luck with the RE referral. I did two cycles of clomid with my OB with no result (no ovulation) before heading to an RE. Best thing I ever did. I think femara is a great drug but going straight to injectibles was the better choice for me. My natural hormones just weren't going to get the job done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    You're welcome. Good luck with the RE referral. I did two cycles of clomid with my OB with no result (no ovulation) before heading to an RE. Best thing I ever did. I think femara is a great drug but going straight to injectibles was the better choice for me. My natural hormones just weren't going to get the job done.

I have a feeling this is me too. Clomid didn't even touch my extremely stubborn ovaries Sad

7/09 miracle DD born
    Dori
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards