Pregnant after IF

My boys are here (belated birth story) Long!

My precious baby boys William Griffin and Garrison Gardner were born last Saturday 8/20 at 12:25 am and 12:28 weighing 6lb5oz and 6lb7oz.  It was, by far, the most amazing experience I could imagine!  I am soaking every moment up (no sleep and all).

I was scheduled to have my water broken friday 8/19 in the morning.  My ob felt certain I would go into labor due to William being +1 station, dilated 3, and 80% effaced.  Water was broken at 7:30am and I waited.  I walked the halls, bounced on my ball, and just stayed active.  i requested no IV placed so I could be mobile.  I was checked at 12:30 and had made zero progress.  My OB  recommended I start pitocin.  I was very anti pitocin but was more anti C-section.  They started a low dose of pitocin and slowly increased.  

The contractions started picking up and becoming painful.  By 2pm, the contractions were coming every 3 minutes and were killing me.  What saved me was that 2 minute break in between.  I was still wanting to hold off on the epidural.  My mom, doula, and dh were rubbing my back and I was moving from birth ball to hanging over the back of the bed on my knees.  (On a side note; You lose all modesty while in labor). 

Around 6:30, my dh is begging me to get an epidural.  I most have been painful to watch.  I feel like I was in another world.  Contractions every 2 minutes with no break.  I was not ready for epi, just trying to make it through each contraction and not think about the next.  Unfortunately, there begin to have no break to catch my breath.  I started sobbing uncontrollably and asked to just have dh with me.  I told him to get me the epi.  I kept saying I was a failure and I was ashamed.  Crazy!  My dh went running down the hall telling the nurses I needed an epi, lol!  I got it at 8pm.  After that, my whole demeanor changed.  I could feel my legs and wiggle my toes but could not feel the pain of the contractions. Heaven!  I was 8cm at this point with a rim of cervix left.  

Long story short, I did not start pushing till 11pm.  I pushed for 1 1/2 hours and William was not coming.  My OB was worried about their heart decels so he used forceps to get William.  They placed him my chest and he went straight for the breast.  The most unreal moment of my life.  Garrison came out breach (dr pulled him out). he was limp and needed to be taken to warmer for stimulation.  I held William while they stitched me up (2nd degree)  and then the brought Garrison to me.

I am so so in love.  I never knew there was love like this. We are breastfeeding and it is getting easier everyday.  I have had a couple breakdowns due to lack of sleep but I get over it when I look into their eyes.  I can only hope this for all of you mommies!  

I want to say this, I would not change one part of my labor.  I am so glad I experienced the pain.  I felt like an active participant in bringing my boys to the world after such a struggle to conceive them.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My boys are here (belated birth story) Long!

• What a beautiful birth story...I'm with you -- I want to feel it as much as possible (pain and all)...Enjoy your little miracles!
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Huge congratulations on your beautiful boys!! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • Loading the player...
  • What a beautiful story and I'm so glad you are all home and doing well.
  • Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats..
    Michelle
    Blythe Elizabeth is here March 27,2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats jenny! i cant believe they are here! what a beautiful story =) cant wait to see some pics!!
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wonderful story. I'm so glad your little boys are here and everyone is healthy. I can't wait to experience everything you have in the past week.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Congratulations!!! Great story!
  • Wow, this is wonderful!  I seriously just started crying reading your words about the birth of your boys.

Congrats, mama!  Can't wait to see you soon over on SAIF! : ) 

• Congrats on your boys momma!!!
    TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • Congrats! Enjoy your little boys!

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congratulations! Amazing birth story and I hope to see pics of your boys soon!
  • THANK YOU for sharing!  

I am always curious how birth goes for another twins momma!

Congrats and hope to see some pics soon! :) 

My Story and Blog:
    The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
    After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
    1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
    3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
    3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
    3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
    4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
    9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

• Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    TTC since July 2009.
    MFI, Moving onto IVF-ICSI.
    IVF #1 = BFP - sadly a blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks.
    D+C 12/7/10.
    IVF#2 - ER 3/27. 8 fertilized. ET 4/1; transferred 2 blasts; 2 frosties (total of 3 now)
    Beta #1, 4/11 = 291! Beta#2, 4/18 = 2702. Beta #3, 4/25 = 17303.
    Ultrasound #1, 4/29 = 1 perfect baby and heartbeat!.
    7/21 = a/s! It's a boy!!
    Robert Lawrence was born on December 1st at 4:32 am weighing 6lb 3oz, 19.5 inches long and healthy as anything!!
  • What a beautiful story!  Congrats!!
  • HOW SWEET!

Congrats J! I am so happy to hear that you are doing better BF day by day. I am most worried about this part but reading your birth story make me feel much better!

• Aw, it sounds like you are definitely in love! Congrats on your boys!!

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
  • Congrats cutie!

Welcome to the world William and Garrison!!

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Congratulations on your little boys!  Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Congratulations!!!!

• Congrats on your boys!
  • Congrats!  I glad that you were happy with how things went.  Enjoy those little boys!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• aww your story got me choked up. so beautiful.  Congrats!!! This just makes me want to meet our little guy even more :)
    IUI#1 - 05/20/08 = BFP! M/C - 14 weeks :( baby girl
    IUI#2 - 01/07/09 = BFP!!! Twins!! Pre-term labor 20 weeks :( lost twin girls
    IUI#3 - 1/31/10 = BFP!!!! M/C - 8wks :( again
    IVF #1 - 7/2010 = c/p
    FET - 9/2010 = another c/p
    IUI#4 - 2/14/11 = BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"