Secondary IF

Stupid lab

Today I had my second beta draw to see if my levels were dropping, since it's now been 7 weeks since my D&C and you would think the hcg would be out of my system.  Last week it was 127, so I was just hoping for a lower number.

Well, I got an email that my results were in, so when I go online to check them, all it says is POSITIVE.  They didn't do a quantitative hcg, only a qualitiative!!  I'm so mad, if all I wanted was Pos/Neg I could have poas this morning.  I have a call in to the doctor to see if they can run the quant with the blood they have, but I'm so frustrated.  The only thing I know for sure at this point is that the hcg is STILL not at zero.  So annoying.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stupid lab

• Oh no sweetie.  That is so frustrating.  I'm sorry!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Just heard back from the doctor--I have to have another blood draw, UGH!

Sorry for all the whining. 

• Loading the player...
  • Oh geez! I am so sorry hun :( What a slap in the face. I hope this is the last blood draw for a long, long time. Let's get this over with!!
    7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
  • That stinks!  Sorry to hear that...so frustrating...and I'm sure your veins are tired enough these days!!  
  • Well, that's just freaking ridiculous! I'm so sorry, so not what you needed.

Is this with the new RE?

Sheesh, with a bloodtest, why the heck would one ever even bother with a +/-, I mean, what could getting the actual beta hurt?

So sorry.

• I am so sorry, seriously.  If you go in for a blood PG test wouldnt you automatically think they would be checking for levels not just a postivie or negative.  The Doc would have you pee on a stick for that.  Ugh. 
  • UGH! How annoying! Don't you just want to slap these docs sometimes?!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Yeah, I don't get why they would even do just a +/- blood test.  There really is no point.

choirgirl--I still haven't seen the new RE.  I had to get a referral from my PCP so she is the one who ordered the tests.  I guess she doesn't do blood hcgs very often! 

• *head smack*
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"