Single Parents

Not sure where to start

BF has cheated on me in the past, but I forgave him & we moved past it. I just found out this morning that he's been talking to someone else again. She says that she's happily married & nothing would ever have happened between them, but this is the last straw for me. 

I don't have a car or a job, no money saved up, and I have nowhere to go (I've already spoken to my mom, who tells me that I can't stay with her). Stupid me, I burned a lot of bridges with friends to be with him, so I can't ask them to take me & DS in, even for a few days.

I'm scared that if I try to leave him, he'll get custody of DS since I pretty much can't take care of him financially right now.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
Baby Squirt- September 2009
Baby Turtle- May 2010
Baby Surprise- August 2011

Re: Not sure where to start

• imagebeccaga16:

Apply for government assistance.

Get a job.

If you mom will not tak you in will she at least watch DS while you work to save up money?

She just went back to work after 13 years of being a SAHM and she's made it very clear that she's not going to quit her job. I've been trying to find a job since DS was born, but I haven't been successful.

I have an appointment with legal aide this week, to see what my options are. 

Baby Turtle- May 2010
  • Well, he's done his job well.  Completely isolating you so that leaving him is almost impossible.

I agree with what Becca said.  Don't stay with him because you are scared of the unknown.  Do you have ANY friends who you can lean on?  What about other family? 

I hope you aren't worried about him getting custody because of something HE said. That's more BS right there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageachase123:

Well, he's done his job well.  Completely isolating you so that leaving him is almost impossible.

I agree with what Becca said.  Don't stay with him because you are scared of the unknown.  Do you have ANY friends who you can lean on?  What about other family? 

I hope you aren't worried about him getting custody because of something HE said. That's more BS right there.

The only friends that I have that aren't through him, are online. It was my mom who mentioned the possibility of him getting custody. 

I'm waiting for my dad to call me back, but I'm not holding my breath. He loves BF, and has a tendency to take his side over mine. 

Baby Turtle- May 2010
  • You have the option of contacting your local women's shelter for assistance.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks for all of your support. I talked to my dad & he's going to let us stay with him.

Baby Turtle- May 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"