Baby Showers

What are guest of honor's responsibilites?

I'm having my first shower in less than a month.  I'm on bedrest so it's difficult for me to do pretty much anything.  Other than thank you notes, what am I responsible for doing?  Thanks for the hosts, party favors, etc?  They're throwing the shower at my house because of the bedrest if that matters. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are guest of honor's responsibilites?

• Show up on time... ;)

Taking into account you're on bedrest, don't worry about hostess gifts right now.  You can get them a thank you gift at a later time. 

You aren't responsible for favors.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I don't know about hostess gifts.  I've never heard of that and just hosted a baby shower and didn't get a gift.  Maybe I should harrass the new mom for my present.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Show up on time and greet each of your guests.  Smile and BE appreciative as you open gifts (put on a good face when you open something you hate).  Thank your guests for coming as they leave. 

If you are able (online maybe?), get hostess gifts for your hostesses, but under the circumstances, they will most certainly understand if you can't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Agreed with PPs- show up on time, try to mingle with everyone (even if from your seat- I got a little tired during my shower but I'd ask a friend to "go get so-and-so and ask her to come chat with me for a bit" if I felt that I couldn't haul myself over), and be gracious and grateful for gifts.  

Hostess gifts are wonderful but since you're on bestrest I don't see why that can't wait until afterward, or it could be somehting you order online for delivery like a cookie or fruit basket. 

• It's YOUR shower, so you really don't have to worry about doing too much! Just be very appreciative of the work the hosts put into it, smile a lot and be sure to talk to everyone there. And you already got the most important thing... remember the thank you notes! Have fun :)
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Hostess gifts are nice but traditionally not necessary/required unless you just want to do them. Definitely write them a really nice thank you card though! You can always return the favor by hosting a shower for them when something special happens in their lives. Other than that, you just show up and spend time with your guests and write the thank yous later :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"