Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Interesting Tip for TTC I learned from my mom

HA! Well I was talking to my mom about how it's been a rough road TTC and she said well why don't you try using a turkey baster or other device to shoot the sperm right into your Cervix. Then she proceeded to Google it and there is actually a ton of advice on how to do this. Needless to say I think I will keep trying it the natural way because DH's supposed to shoot it right in there anyway right? Anyone ever tried this method? Also, this was the shortest L phase I have ever had and last month was usually long so trying B6 and B12 to lengthen the days. Any other advice for lengthening it? I am headed to Ireland for about a week and am not sure if I will chart or not. I might only take a few opk to see. I think I will O when we return from the trip hopefully but maybe not taking my temps. for a few days will help me relax plus I will be sleep deprived the whole time. Not sure though we will see.

Re: Interesting Tip for TTC I learned from my mom

• Options
    o...m...g...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejefa621:
    You're kidding right?
    I wish but there is actually articles on it. Here's one https://www.babymed.com/home-artificial-insemination-get-pregnant-turkey-baster-method
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my. If you are at some point crazy enough to try this, will you please update us? 

• Options
    imageDChunt09:
    Oh my. If you are at some point crazy enough to try this, will you please update us? 
    Ha ha I don't think I will it's just odd there are articles on how to do it. Nuts huh?
  • Options
    imagethekikimonster:
    I would never admit that my Mom is this dumb.
    You don't need to everyone already knows your mom is.
  • Options

I have actually heard of lesbian couples using this method with a male friend's sperm -- rather than paying lots of money for an IUI from a sperm bank. 

But, if you're a hetero couple that has the right equipment, I don't see why you'd recreate sex with a cup and a syringe rather than just using a vagina and a penis (since that's what those parts are meant to do).

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageDChunt09:
    Ha ha I don't think I will it's just odd there are articles on how to do it. Nuts huh?

Goodness, I thought you were throwing this out there as a sane idea to try if things needed some moving along. lol 

Yes, I agree, there should be no such article on the wed for how to attempt this! Turkey baster....psh.  

• Options

yeeeahhh I'm not sure about his..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefarmerlynda:

I have actually heard of lesbian couples using this method with a male friend's sperm -- rather than paying lots of money for an IUI from a sperm bank. 

But, if you're a hetero couple that has the right equipment, I don't see why you'd recreate sex with a cup and a syringe rather than just using a vagina and a penis (since that's what those parts are meant to do).

Yes

Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDChunt09:

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageDChunt09:

Goodness, I thought you were throwing this out there as a sane idea to try if things needed some moving along. lol 

Yes, I agree, there should be no such article on the wed for how to attempt this! Turkey baster....psh.  

Nope. Just thought it was funny to find on the net so I thought I would share. Old fashion way works neat for me. Yes
  • Options
    imagePattersRN:
    imagefarmerlynda:

Yes

Were they able to conceive?

• Options
    This is funny! I have heard of this. I had a science teacher laughing about it one day when he told us he read about this happening and the couple actually got pregnant this way after many years of trying. Ha! I would not try this, but hey to each his own!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There was a chick on here several months ago who said her H was a scientist and really wanted to try this out as an "experiment." If only I could find the post, you could totes PM her to see how it went.

In other news, one 11-day LP is not a good reason to start taking B6, B12, or other supplements. 

ETA: Found the post. Of course she is KTFU.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/52338652.aspx 

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options

imageTheAnne:
    https://lh3.ggpht.com/_zLwHwqx7gy4/S6fcN2yE25I/AAAAAAAAFVg/DJ12UOLdaeA/catgifpage59.gif

I.LOVE.THIS. 

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    We're you conceived from a turkey baster?
  • Options
    imageHurricane38:
    Yep and you must have been conceived from a whale's vagina
  • Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

There was a chick on here several months ago who said her H was a scientist and really wanted to try this out as an "experiment." If only I could find the post, you could totes PM her to see how it went.

In other news, one 11-day LP is not a good reason to start taking B6, B12, or other supplements. 

HA! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:
    Yep and you must have been a test tube baby

I find the term "test tube baby" pretty offensive. Honestly, I thought that was a legitimate question since it was a tip given to you by your mom. 

• Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

I remember her.  Ha.  And, of course she is, they used the turkey baster method.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    No, just no.

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

I find the term "test tube baby" pretty offensive. Honestly, I thought that was a legitimate question since it was a tip given to you by your mom. 

If it was supposed to be a legitimate question than I am sorry but honestly just seemed snarky.
  • Options
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagesulfababy:

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

If it was supposed to be a legitimate question than I am sorry but honestly just seemed snarky.

But do you understand how the term you used could be offensive, especially to those who have been through in vitro fertilization? 

• Options
    imagejefa621:
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagesulfababy:

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

I think her question was a little legit and mostly snarky.  The test tube baby comment crossed the line.

It was snarky, but also legit, seeing as this advice came from her mother.

• Options

imagejefa621:
    I think her question was a little legit and mostly snarky.  The test tube baby comment crossed the line.

*thumbs up* But I must admit I was wondering the same! 

• Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

Seriously? Was this necessary? You are comparing a medical procedure that is needed for some women to conceive with sticking a turkey baster in your vagina? I'm offended on behalf of all women who have no choice but to use IVF as a means of conceiving.

• Options
    imageHurricane38:
    imagejefa621:
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagesulfababy:

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

It was snarky, but also legit, seeing as this advice came from her mother.

Nope I didn't. Didn't mean to upset anyone I edited it.
  • Options
    As someone saving up for one of them there fancy "test tube babies", I can tell you, your comment was very offensive. After trying for a year and a half and only having a 5% chance of conceiving naturally, I'd do anything for one of those. Thanks. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Options
    imageteenagefbi:
    Is this chick for real?
    I think she is, and I already don't like her.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options
    imagemrsz2008:
    imageteenagefbi:
    Is this chick for real?
    You don't have to. Said I was sorry already. Deal with it
  • Options
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagemrsz2008:
    imageteenagefbi:
    Is this chick for real?
    Ooh, we have a feisty one.
    Two Babies in Heaven

• Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageDChunt09:

You don't think you will? Um, you know there's a reason IUIs are done with washed sperm in a medical facility, right? Using a home method can cause severe cramping and infection, which could leave to a whole host of other problems.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

I love that the website specifies:

The success rate is the same as with intercourse, perhaps a bit less because there are usually fewer opportunities for insemination and timing may not cover the bases as well.

Lucky Cycle 13 image Can I get a bump? "If I had the chance I'd fight every single one of u *** dumpsters. All at once too and I'd take down every one of u wh***bags...screw the bump bunch of p***ies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chow on my @SS." - Roxianne17 "Would you like some tampons to go with your b*tchy posts?" - NickAndJess7
  • Options
    imageSchruteBucks:

imageTheAnne:
    https://lh3.ggpht.com/_zLwHwqx7gy4/S6fcN2yE25I/AAAAAAAAFVg/DJ12UOLdaeA/catgifpage59.gif

I.LOVE.THIS. 

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!  BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    Said I was sorry already.

Did I miss it? The only thing I saw was this:

imagekatiedollaz:
     If it was supposed to be a legitimate question than I am sorry

This wasn't a real apology. Your apology was conditional upon whether or not Hurricane's question was legitimate or not. I'm not sure how her question has any effect on the offensiveness of what you said or how it made us feel. 

• Options
    I think I got a yeat infection just thinking about it....
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsz2008:
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagemrsz2008:
    imageteenagefbi:
    Is this chick for real?

I don't think feisty is the word I'd choose.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

Buahahahah! Nice try. You were quoted. Pretty sure no one's going to forget this any time soon, and your attitude certainly isn't helping your case one bit.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options

Anatomy...

Do Not stick anything in your cervix.  If you wish, turkey baste away...I've known some lezzy couples that have had some good success, but they had to get the goods from a friend and weren't going to go p in v.  If you have a hubby and he has a penis, well I think that would act as a sort of syringe just as nature intended. 

Placing sperm into the uterus via catheterizing the cervix is referred to as an IUI (intrauterine insemination) and is best left to people with autoclaves and stuff. 

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

imagemrsz2008:
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagemrsz2008:
    imageteenagefbi:
    Is this chick for real?

I don't think feisty is the word I'd choose.

True, I was trying to be nice, not sure why though.
    Two Babies in Heaven

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

imagekatiedollaz:
    imageHurricane38:

Buahahahah! Nice try. You were quoted. Pretty sure no one's going to forget this any time soon, and your attitude certainly isn't helping your case one bit.

But...but, she said she was sorry! Can't we all just forget it??

No, no we can't.

Two Babies in Heaven

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards