VBAC
Options

Water broke but no labor - vbac turned R/CS. Longer than I thought it'd be.

Since I've posted a bit over here since getting pregnant with DD I thought I would share this here too.  My water broke around 3 am Friday morning. I'd been having some timeable contractions before going to bed that night, so I was kind of wondering if I would maybe wake up to more sometime in the night.

I was GBS positive so I knew they were going to want me to go in fairly quickly, and I had seen my OB's partner a couple of days at 40 weeks prior and had made no progress so I figured that if things were really going to start they'd have to get going pretty quicikly.

We called the doc and headed in - I was having a few contractions like the ones earlier in the evening and when they got me hooked up they were roughly 5-10 minutes apart.  But I hadn't made any changes still - the doctor said we would watch for a few hours and see if I even got to a fingertip.  A few hours later my contractions had pretty much ceased altogether and so we decided to move on with the r/cs (they won't induce and pitocin did nothing for me with my first so I was OK with that going in).

Abigail Evelyn was born at 11:34 am and weighed in at 8lbs 14 oz and 19" long - she was nearly a full pound bigger than her brother and was born a week earlier than he was.  We were all shocked at how big she was.

She's been in the nicu for jaundice issues - her rates were really high at only a few hours old and it turns our she and I have incompatible blood types so that's made things a bit difficult.  We may get to take her out and hold/try to feed her today though so she's making steps in the right direction. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Water broke but no labor - vbac turned R/CS. Longer than I thought it'd be.

• Options

Congratulations, Diana!  I love her name!

I'm glad to hear she is improving and I hope you get to bring her home soon.   

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'd love to hear your feelings/experience with RCS.  Enjoy your new baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks guys!

KS - I feel good about it. I had a very good experience though the first time so my plan was vbac but I didn't really have too much trepidation about going into a c/s if that didn't work out - my previous one wasn't planned but it wasn't emergent either so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I definitely had a lot of anxiety about delivery but that wasn't tied to the method of delivery - I was pretty much scared either way.  Especially when my water broke and it was like "oh shiit this is really happening," I was very anxious about either outcome.

I will say the team at my hospital was fabulous, and the anesthesiologist picked up on my general anxiety and when it came time for the surgery gave me something that let me relax through it but I was still completely aware of what was happening.  And my recovery has been a breeze - I've been up and around with very little pain since yesterday and able to walk to the nicu several times a day.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    image+diana82+:

Thanks guys!

KS - I feel good about it. I had a very good experience though the first time so my plan was vbac but I didn't really have too much trepidation about going into a c/s if that didn't work out - my previous one wasn't planned but it wasn't emergent either so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I definitely had a lot of anxiety about delivery but that wasn't tied to the method of delivery - I was pretty much scared either way.  Especially when my water broke and it was like "oh shiit this is really happening," I was very anxious about either outcome.

I will say the team at my hospital was fabulous, and the anesthesiologist picked up on my general anxiety and when it came time for the surgery gave me something that let me relax through it but I was still completely aware of what was happening.  And my recovery has been a breeze - I've been up and around with very little pain since yesterday and able to walk to the nicu several times a day.

I'm so glad to hear it was a good experience and that you are recovering well. :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"