Maine Babies

I am waaaay too honest!

There was a problem with my paycheck (I was shorted 9 hours) so I have been emailing HR.  Not only did they correct the hours but the lady told me I was getting paid until January.  I am supposed to have 8 more weeks unpaid leave - not paid.  So I emailed her to let her know.  DH is so pissed off at me!  He's saying it was free money - I could not do that with a clear conscience even if we are B-R-O-K-E!

Re: I am waaaay too honest!

• Karma plays a mysterious role in life.  I'm sure you'll reap the benefits of your honesty later!
  • they would've found out anyway eventually. they always do when they close out the year & do their audit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, not free Money DH!  My work screwed up my whole maternity leave.  I was only getting 3 weeks paid, I got all 6.  I had to pay back when they caught the mistake!  That sucked!!
  • its better that you corrected them b/c if they realized their error later after paying you already they have every right to take back from you. Then you would really be screwed!!
  • They would have figured it out and asked for the money back when you were least prepared to repay it.  Good for you for being proactive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"