3rd Trimester
Options

Mucus plug or semen?

If there's no blood, how do you tell the difference between some mucus plug or semen discharge?

I had posted a bit of a scare I had on a pregnancy app for my phone, and 2 ladies said it was most likely semen, but the consistency was definitely not like semen.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: Mucus plug or semen?

• Options
    either way, keep in mind you can lose your mucus plug and grow it back! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Even if it was a bit of mucus plug, it's not the end of the world.  Some ladies lose theirs very early on and have it regenerate itself.  Generally if there is no blood and it does not accompany any other signs of labour (i.e. water breaking, contractions, etc.), then you are fine and will likely get to experience the joy of the mucus plug again this pregnancy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Phew...I've even been going through scenarios of "what if baby comes early". No one wants to spend their first few weeks of life with tubes.

Just 10 more weeks at least, pleeeease.

lol @ experience the joy of mucus plug again. It's pretty interesting looking, if that was my plug. I'll say that much.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I would say if you had sex within the last few days it is probably semen.  I have mucus every day pretty much...but the next day after SO and I have sex I seem to have a glob of stuff.  My Dr said it is just semen, and my vagina cleaning itself.
    image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    um..mucus plug? what is that?  
    kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

• Options
    when you lose your mucous plug , there will be blood. hence why they call it the bloody show. doesnt mean alot of blood and the blood can even look more brown then bright. but in my experince everyone has blood alongside thick very thick mucus discharge and for me it was alot of it .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"