Success after IF
Options

Is it just me, or is Children's Place fall clothes not cute?

In the past I've always liked there stuff, but this year....meh...it's all rather drab and bland. Now Gymboree's stuff I'm loving (too bad I don't have a spare $1k to spend on DD's wardrobe).
Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

Re: Is it just me, or is Children's Place fall clothes not cute?

• Options

I have never been a fan of their boys clothes. Maybe I can luck out and find a cute shirt once in a while.

Boys clothes stink usually anyways, not matter where you go, but this season has been particularly hard for me to find anything I love.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    I rarely find anything I like in CP. It is often too busy for my taste. I was just in there poking around & there wasn't a single thing I liked. Gymboree's fall line is super cute! The hedgehogs & the pink & navy polka dots are on my sale watch list!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree. I usually have good luck in there, but this year I'm not impressed. I haven't bought a single thing from there for this fall/winter. I hate the sayings half the shirts have on them, and then the other half have stupid graphics (dinosaurs, cavemen, etc).
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't like last year's fall stuff either.  Maybe I am just not cool enough for Children's Place.

It's lucky for me and my checking account that my kids wear the same season all year round here.   

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    I think they look like they always look....very Hanna Andersen, Euro style. Not MY style but I think they're on par with their long running style.
  • Options
    *note to self*  "Do not go to CP for clothes.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know I'm always in the minority in these discussions, but, I really do not like Gymboree at all.  I don't think I've ever gone in there and bought anything.

As for CP, I like them for their t-shirts - short sleeve and layering long sleeve t's.

• Options
    I have never been a CP fan, and stopped liking Gymboree once the girls turned about 9 months old.  :(

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

The only thing I have ever bought at CP is pajamas.  I love Gymboree, but they are too pricey for my tastes.  I only by on sale there...same for Baby Gap.

• Options
    I didn't like anything at Children's Place either. Or Gymboree (even though they're mostly too expensive for me anyways). I got all of our stuff at Carters and may pick up a new more things at Kohls or JCPenney when I come across coupons.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can find a few pieces at CP when they have their $2.99 sale like pjs, tights, solid color shirts, etc. I wouldn't spend full price on anything there or buy anything for special occasions. I really like baby gap, i think their stuff is classic and pretty, plus they have great sales.  Gymboree is cute for some stuff, but I am not a fan of all the animal themes.
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

I have never been a fan of their boys clothes. Maybe I can luck out and find a cute shirt once in a while.

Boys clothes stink usually anyways, not matter where you go, but this season has been particularly hard for me to find anything I love.

Krissy, I have always thought Carters had the CUTEST boy stuff compared to the girls stuff. I could never find anything I really loved at Carters for girls.

• Options
    I've never been a fan of their clothes...the girls stuff looks too "old" for a baby, IMO.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagedana316:

The only thing I have ever bought at CP is pajamas.  I love Gymboree, but they are too pricey for my tastes.  I only by on sale there...same for Baby Gap.

This exactly!  I will admit that I usually actually LIKE a lot of the stuff at Target -- and then I don't care when they get marker/paint/blackberry juice/etc. all over the clothes.  I've also been a big fan of H&M's kids' clothing lately, at least for Ava.  She dresses way trendier than I do.  ;)

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

imagekimarino13:
    I have never been a CP fan, and stopped liking Gymboree once the girls turned about 9 months old.  :(

Off-topic-Kim, I use to follow this board  all.the.time (and I remember when you got pregnant!) All I have to say is your girls are gorgeous!!! This picture is adorable!

As far as CP-I think for basic t-shirts and shorts they are fine, great clothes to play in but that's about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"