High-Risk Pregnancy

GD numbers lower the last few days?

I've been right on target with my meal plan and my numbers have been fine and around 90 fasting and under 120 two hours after meals.  Lately I wake up with numbers in the low 80's and after meal numbers under 110. 

I'm not trying to brag,...there have been a couple of times in the past few days were my numbers have dropped pretty quickly and I've needed to have some sugar or juice to get them back up. 

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  I want to call the doctor tomorrow but just wondered if anyone has any input. Thanks!

Re: GD numbers lower the last few days?

• Yep, it ebbs and flows for sure.  Are you on insulin?  The only reason I ask is b/c the other thing that causes it to go lower sometimes is the placenta breaking down.  This is a normal thing that happens at the end of all pregnancies as your body is prepping for labor (usually around 36w on average), but sometimes insulin can speed up the breakdown.  Just throwing out one far-fetched reason, but it's another one to consider. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No I'm not on insulin.  My numbers have always been average without it.  Thanks for thie info.  It's still a little early so I'm hoping that's not the case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, I was having this problem last week. I was completely weirded out by my very low numbers. I'm on Glyburide, so my fasting numbers are low anyway, but one morning it was only 47! And then I'd eat a breakfast that normally would have put me way over the cutoff and I'd get a 78 or something dumb like that.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I too have been getting abnormal lows for no reason. Like I eat my breakfast, then snack an hour and half later, and and hour or so after that for no reason I dropped to 47 the other day. Doc says the placenta could be deteriorating, so thank goodness we set a date on Tuesday. I am sick of insulin, sick of not being able to drink chocolate milk, and sick of having to wait 2 hours to snack on something else if I want to. Come on baby let's go! 2 years of this in a row is enough to drive you actually insane.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"