March 2011 Moms
Options

sexy time ques

Anyone have burning after sexy time?  We've probably had sex about 10-15 times post baby so far b/c it still doesn't feel the best for me, and I feel burning and a strong urge to urinate.  Anyone else with similar feelings?  Wondering if it will subside after time or if I should call the doc....  (I know I don't have a urinary tract infection so that can be ruled out.)  

Re: sexy time ques

• Options
    We use lube but I still experience a little bit of burning as we first start.  I am going in for my annual in a couple weeks and plan on asking to be sure that it is normal but I think (unfortunately) that it is.  I EBF and I think that makes it worse, especially in terms of lube.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a little bit of burning but think it's from the spermicide on the condoms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    skioskio member

Yeppers! The burning was the worst part for me, but has slowly gotten better. It still burns like heck when I pee after, though. It's due to the vagina walls being thinner and less lubricated because of a lack of estrogen, and it's normal.

My OB told me that unfortunately it's worse because 1) I'm BFing and 2) I'm on a progesterone-only BC pill. BUt neither of those things are changing any time soon, so I have to just deal with it! It definitely has improved a lot over the last month or so, though.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, during and after.  OB told me it is too be expected since I tore pretty bad internally.  I drink wine and use lots of lube and I stay on top so I'm in control.  Not really enjoying it yet, but I want to!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    thanks girls, I am efbing and using lube so it looks likes it's normal.  :(  boo hiss  I actually shy away from getting intimate b/c I don't want to deal with the aftermath...oh well, DH deserves it and I'm hoping with time it'll get better!
  • Options
    Try not using lube? I have not experienced any burning sensations and I haven't used lube. Its definitely uncomfortable for the first few minutes, but then its okay.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Options

Totally normal.  I'm ebf and I had a tiny labial tear, so it's still very painful, especially to start.  I only had sex 10 times and then didn't want to try anymore (that was in May).  Now we try a few times a week. 

I got a cream to help... Xylocaine 5%.  It kind of numbs some of the area.  It's a topical anesthetic, and is perfectly okay to use but only in small quantities.  Doc's instructions were to apply it 30 minutes before sex as many times as needed.  I find it really helps and I'm not sore after either.  If you had to be stitched it'll help too because often it needs "stretched out" again after, if that makes sense.  Check with your doc and see if there's anything that can help. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"