Snarky and T-TTC

Progesterone

RE called today she has no idea why any of my symptoms are happening and evidently I did ovualte but no one knows why it didn't come up on any OPK or fertility machine. Even the RE thought it would be either today or yesterday but it happened 3 days ago. My progesterone was 24.4, FSH 3.83, Estrad 262. Now she at my suggestion wants to add 200mg progesterone by suppository until I get AF. However I am not sure its worth $170 to do a test, that I suggested. What is your opinion?
TTC#1
DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
M/C 1/2011
May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
Sept 2011 C/P
Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy

Re: Progesterone

• Would you regret not doing the suppositories if you didn't do them? If you would constantly 2nd guess that decision I would do it, if not then I wouldn't worry about it.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageHazelEyes730:
    Would you regret not doing the suppositories if you didn't do them? If you would constantly 2nd guess that decision I would do it, if not then I wouldn't worry about it.

I won't regret it as I know there is no way I could be KU because we clearly missed ovulation and DH was away and then abstaining for the sperm freeze. I just think it's such a waste of money to try something that I suggested as I am not the Re however some days I think I know better. I might just do 1 a day. IDK 

TTC#1
    DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
    M/C 1/2011
    Sept 2011 C/P
  • Loading the player...
  • What is the purpose of the pg? If it's to support a possible pregnancy and you are sure you missed the window, then don't bother. But if she is trying to determine your need for progesterone or another reason, then it might be worth it. But your pg is 24.4 which I thought was well in the range of normal? Am I missing something?
  • imageSerendipitie:
    What is the purpose of the pg? If it's to support a possible pregnancy and you are sure you missed the window, then don't bother. But if she is trying to determine your need for progesterone or another reason, then it might be worth it. But your pg is 24.4 which I thought was well in the range of normal? Am I missing something?

It is for seeing if adding progesterone will force a regular period because right not all I get is super heavy black blood for two maybe three days. So someone on tttc said that in tcoyf it said that Black blood is from a progesterone problem so I asked the RE and she said no its not. But that if I want to add progesterone I can. So she called and said 200mg which means taking 1 in am and 1 in pm. Plus its $170 so I think it's a little ridiculous on a whim to do it. Also when I get AF in ten days I am doing clomid etc so it doesn't really matter. If I was trying naturally I might have had some hope it would maybe help something.

TTC#1
    M/C 1/2011
    Sept 2011 C/P
  • Yeah, I would probably skip it this cycle. You can always try it in the future. Good luck!
  • imageSerendipitie:
    Yeah, I would probably skip it this cycle. You can always try it in the future. Good luck!
    This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"