Preemies

Michael update

He is doing SO well with his response to the steroid treatment. Last Tuesday we got the call that he may not make it and tonight we held him in our arms on the cpap! Going from 100% oxygen on the oscillator to the vent and then to cpap in 4 days is seriously a miracle in my book. I have been riding on this high of excitement since late tuesday when he began to turn the corner. Only now, I am just so scared that when the 9 day steroid treatment is over we will go back 10 steps. My nerves and emotions are really being tested. Hopefully my worry is unwarranted, I am just scaring myself! Thanks to everyone who has been praying, they are being answered!
6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Michael update

• imagestillwaiting12:
    Going from 100% oxygen on the oscillator to the vent and then to cpap in 4 days is seriously a miracle in my book.

That is a total miracle!  He's on CPAP!  Woo HOO!!!  That is huge.  Off an Oscillator and onto CPAP in 4 days, amazing.  So thrilled for a great Michael update.  I hope that he continues to make such incredible progress after the treatment ends.

• I wait and wait for your updates, stillwaiting (appropriate name!). This is wonderful, amazing, miraculous news! Oh, so happy for your family! Still praying, but I hope this is where the rollercoaster begins to coast....because that does happen! It's not always up/down. ::big hugs::
  • Loading the player...
  • I couldn't sleep, so I checked here to see if you updated!  I am so happy to see you did and that little Michael is doing so well.  He's a miracle baby for sure. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Amazing! I hope he keeps on this path. T&Ps continuing! Big hugs
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Thanks ladies! I think I am still in a bit of shock with how well the steroids worked. Hoping that he is not part of the 50% who rebound after the steroids end.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is such awesome awesome new! I am so glad to hear he made it to CPAP, that's HUGE!

I know first hand the worry you speak of...DD didn't really back slide that I remember, I think alot of that had to do with the way they weened her off the steriods....soooo slow, so her body had some time to adjust and compensate.

Good Luck, I'll keep praying that things continue to improve.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So glad to hear that Baby Michael is doing well! You guys have been in my thoiugths and prayers. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"