Single Parents

BD giving up his rights

BD wants to sign over his rights for DD. We have 6 yrs of history and ever since he started dating this new girl (19yrs old, hes 25), hes completely changed. It breaks my heart he wants to sign over his rights. Am I stupid for crying over this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BD giving up his rights

• Give up his rights to whom? He can't just "sign over" over your LO, he has to be signing her over to someone who decides to now become her parent.  If men (or women) were allowed to just sign over their rights, there would be scores of children left with no one to be responsible for them.
  • imagehollinor:
    Give up his rights to whom? He can't just "sign over" over your LO, he has to be signing her over to someone who decides to now become her parent.  If men (or women) were allowed to just sign over their rights, there would be scores of children left with no one to be responsible for them.

Good to know. I didn't know that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, there has to be another parent to adopt your DD in order for him to give up his rights. Your not stupid for crying over this. It's painful.

Can you ask him what he is smoking so I can give it to my BD? Cuz mine won't sign over his rights for my FI. However, doesn't care about Rosie. He just is doing it to be spiteful. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

Can you ask him what he is smoking so I can give it to my BD? Cuz mine won't sign over his rights for my FI. However, doesn't care about Rosie. He just is doing it to be spiteful. 

Nana! You're getting married?!?! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY! Congrats!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • imageBMenz:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Nana! You're getting married?!?! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY! Congrats!

Yup! In 2 months! I have known my fiance for 8 years. We just rekindled things a few months ago and it's awesome! Thank you so much for the enthusiasm :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagehollinor:
    Give up his rights to whom? He can't just "sign over" over your LO, he has to be signing her over to someone who decides to now become her parent.  If men (or women) were allowed to just sign over their rights, there would be scores of children left with no one to be responsible for them.

They can give up parental rights. They can't get out of paying support. (at least where I am)

If he feels that is the right thing to do, your child is much better off. Sad, but in the long term, true.

• imagelilhotcandie69:
    BD wants to sign over his rights for DD. We have 6 yrs of history and ever since he started dating this new girl (19yrs old, hes 25), hes completely changed. It breaks my heart he wants to sign over his rights. Am I stupid for crying over this?

You're not stupid for being upset that he doesn't want to be a Dad. I know I'd be upset too. But PP is right in that he can't just sign her away. He can choose not to see her but he is still responsible for CS.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pothead. I could have sworn last week you were upset because he had an overnight visit. And yet now you are saying he is signing over his rights. I can not keep up with your stories
    image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • imagecarrieannew:
    Pothead. I could have sworn last week you were upset because he had an overnight visit. And yet now you are saying he is signing over his rights. I can not keep up with your stories

Seriously.  What gives?  Sometimes I think you're starting to post normal things and then you come up with something like this. 

I like the title of this post too, especially given the baby daddy debate in the threat before this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The post she put over on 12-24 was even better. Those ladies all jumped to her rescue.

Excuse me I just threw up in my mouth

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"