Georgia Babies
Options

NBR: Lasik

Has anyone had it? Approx how much is it? Do you recommend a place/dr to get it done?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Lasik

• Options

DH had it done about 5 years ago.  He went to Woodham's Eye Clinic and was very pleased with them.  I believe it cost somewhere close to $4k.  We used my flexible spending account at work to pay for it, so it was pre-tax money which technically saved us over $1k given our tax rate.

From what I hear, Woodham's, Emory, and Wolfson are the best in Atlanta. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    I had it done about 7 years ago, and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself!  I think it was around $4k, but I honestly don't remember exactly.  I did use my HSA money to pay for it.  I even had a small complication (they had planned to do both eyes on the same day, but were not happy with the "flap" they cut on my left eye due to the shape, so they decided to let it heal and then try again another day).  A bit inconvenient (had perfect vision in my right eye then, and couldn't wear a contact for one week in the left side prior to the second surgery so it was very difficult to function almost completely blind in one eye!) to have to do it that way, but I was so thankful they took the time to do it right.  My vision was -9 and -8.5, so it made a HUGE difference in my quality of life.  I used Lasik Vision Institute in Smyrna. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had it done in 2004. Dr. Waring did my procedure at what was then Emory Vision. We got "friend price" through my husband's work and it was $3600 if I recall--down from the regular price of $4800. That included all pre-op appointments, the procedure itself and post-op appointments.

I LOVE IT. My husband got it done a few months later and it was the best thing we've ever done! Absolutely no problems and we are still 100% perfect nearly 10 years later. It is amazing.

• Options
    I had it done at Lasik Plus by Dr. Eugene Smith over 10 years ago.   I got the Lifetime Enhancement Plan so I can have adjustments whenever needed through the rest of my life.  I have used it one time about 7 years ago...I needed a touch up.  I actually need one again, but am going to wait until my up-close vision begins to slip a little before I do it again.  Each time you lift the flap, you lose a tiny bit of your black/white accuity.  Despite the fact that the results don't last forever, I would do it again in a heartbeat....one of the best things I've ever done for myself.  I dont remember the cost, it's been too long ago.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"