April 2011 Moms
Options

Looking for new Day Care.

Chase has been staying with my SIL for the past two months, since I returned to work.  She is a SAHM with two boys of her own aged 3 and 1.  At first things were going great, since he slept most of the time.  Now, as he's getting bigger and more alert and he takes up a lot more of her time.  She is starting to feel like she can't devote the time to her boys that she wants to.  After all, that is why she has cut way back so that she could stay at home.

I know that it is stressing her out.  She has talked about it before with me, saying she was going to keep trying, but she didn't know if she would be able to keep it up.  I truly think that Chase has been picking up on how stressed out she was getting, and was getting fussy which was making the situation worse.  At home, Chase is very happy-go-lucky.  He will take naps that last 2 hours or more, and at times is content to entertain himself on his play mat for pretty long periods of time (30 minutes or more).  None of this appears to happen when he is with SIL.  He'll fuss all morning, take a short nap in the early afternoon, greet me with a huge smile when I go over there to nurse  him around 1:00, and then be relaxed enough to sleep for the afternoon.  On days that she and the boys are out over lunch, and I don't go over to feed, he doesn't relax and doesn't sleep.

I fully understand how difficult it can be to take care of three young boys and I don't blame her for not wanting to continue, though now I have until Oct. 1 to find a new daycare that we trust and that has an opening for an infant.  DH is going to be gone for 8 days next month, so that cuts even further into our time.

One of our neighbors has a daycare, so we will start by talking to her.  That would certainly be convenient, and we do like the idea of an in-home daycare.  Now we just have to find out if she even has an opening and if she takes infants.  

All thoughts, prayers, good vibes etc. will be much appreciated.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
image  image image

Re: Looking for new Day Care.

• Options
    That is tough. The girl who is watching Jack just learned she will get to do her student teaching this spring instead next fall. I'm happy for her but I do LOVE this arrangement. Goodluck to you, I hope you find something that works for your family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck! I hope you find a great place for your LO. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good Luck in your search!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"