D.C. Area Babies
Options

fake crying?

Sprout has taken to fake crying.  It's completely obvious that it's fake & something is not really wrong. 

Just ignore it?

between this and the tantrums, sah w/ him has been incredibly difficult lately!

Re: fake crying?

• Options
    By "fake crying" do you mean he will wail like the world is ending, but then when you go over and pick him up, he smiles immediately like he wasn't just crying 1 second ago? M is doing this too. Sometimes I just roll with it, other times I make him wait a little longer until I give him attention, because I know nothing is really wrong and he's just being an AW.

If they're acting like this now, I'm scared of the 2s and 3s. Indifferent
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

well, he does the whole "ZOMG, Something Terrible Just Happened....J/K!!!" but this is like....bad acting of someone crying.  you know: pouty lip & then being all "boo-hoo-hoo...waaaaah"

like, actually faking being upset in a very obvious way.

I'm guessing he learned this at daycare from one of the older kids?  he doesn't always stop immediately when I give him attention, though.  Sometimes it continues until I do something 'drastic' like take him outside or give him pacifer (we only use it for sleeping) or give him milk (not water, so i know it's not that he's thirsty. the kid PPHs milk & his sippy cup) or some other high-valued thing.  To be honest, I dish out the "high value" thing/activity/treat because I just can't take it any longer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, that's pretty funny. Annoying I'm sure, but funny! He probably learned it from another kid, because how else would he have a clue about fake crying? I wonder if he's doing it to test you out and see how you'll react.
  • Options

it would be funny if he didn't *also* throw the tantrums.  I feel like he's either crying/stomping feet or fake crying CONSTANTLY. 

I need to get better about sticking to my guns & not giving in I think.

at daycare, apparently, he's super good all the time.  

• Options

sounds like he wants your attention

• Options

I sympathize, I really do. The tantrums get very tiring.

• Options

I'm watching him eat his snack & was reminded that he also fake coughs now.  like, he'll take a sip of water, put the cup down calmly & then cough.

after almost every sip.

this isn't quite as annoying, but it gives me a mild heart attack if i've stepped 6 feet over to the stove to stir dinner or whatever.

• Options

imageWinesNot Whines:
    By "fake crying" do you mean he will wail like the world is ending, but then when you go over and pick him up, he smiles immediately like he wasn't just crying 1 second ago? M is doing this too. Indifferent

Sounds like he learned it from another kid and is using it to get your attention. DD does something similar to what WNW described above. She loves to do this in the car. She screams at the top of her lungs like the sky is falling and then when I turn around or stop the car and lunge into the back seat, she gives me this HUGE smile and laughs. Not funny.

• Options

DS is doing similar...or well, the temper tantrums.  Like when I redirect him from doing something he shouldn't, it's like the world is ending and he starts crying these huge real tears.  We had our first public meltdown today in Target. 

Like what Wines or you said - if they're like this now, help me when years 2 and 3 rolls around! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekastle:

well, he does the whole "ZOMG, Something Terrible Just Happened....J/K!!!" but this is like....bad acting of someone crying.  you know: pouty lip & then being all "boo-hoo-hoo...waaaaah"

like, actually faking being upset in a very obvious way.

I'm guessing he learned this at daycare from one of the older kids?  he doesn't always stop immediately when I give him attention, though.  Sometimes it continues until I do something 'drastic' like take him outside or give him pacifer (we only use it for sleeping) or give him milk (not water, so i know it's not that he's thirsty. the kid PPHs milk & his sippy cup) or some other high-valued thing.  To be honest, I dish out the "high value" thing/activity/treat because I just can't take it any longer.

My DS does the same thing! he squints his eyes and a random tear will come out, then he pouts his lower lip! it's too cute/ funny/ annoying... but he didn't learn it from anyone because he's not in daycare!i think it's just a stage i think! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker www.jlsnapshots.blogspot.com
  • Options
    M does fake coughs too! He does it because he learned we give him attention when he coughs. Kids are so funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"